- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Sonor SQ1 Snare Drum
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- Product K46366
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
When SONOR designs drums, their intention is to continuously improve the acoustic quality in any given situation. For SQ1, SONOR worked closely with ...Click To Read More About This Product
A vintage-inspired snare that matches flawlessly with the SQ1 shell pack.
When SONOR designs drums, their intention is to continuously improve the acoustic quality in any given situation. For SQ1, SONOR worked closely with Chris Coleman and other SONOR artists in the development of this new drum series. The SQ1 series snare features the same advanced design technology as the shell packs.
The Shell choice for SQ1 was birch because of its characteristic high end frequencies and clearly defined low-end. In blindfold tests SONOR tried many different types of shell construction, from pure birch to hybrid versions. The pure birch shell came out as a clear winner in all test situations.
- 100% European birch shells
- 7 ply, 7 mm
- Tunesafe system - maximum tuning stability
- CLTF tension-free shell forming process
- OSM slightly narrowed outside shell measurements
- 45° bearing edges
- Dual Glide snare strainer mechanism
- Remo USA Ambassador Coated batter heads and Ambassador Clear resonant heads
Call or click to order today!
- Snare size: 14 x 6-1/2 in.
- Total pieces: 1
- Case or Bag: Not Applicable
- Stand: Not Applicable
- Shell material: Birch
- Shell construction: 7-ply
- Shell thickness (mm): 7
- Bearing edge: 45°
- Reinforcement ring: No
- Hardware material: Steel
- Hoop type: Triple-flange
- Lugs: Proprietary
- Throw-off: Dual
- Internal muffler: No
- Snares: Steel Carbon
- Heads: Branded
- Finish type: Lacquer
- Country of origin: Germany
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.