- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Sonor Vintage Series Snare Drum
14 x 5.75 in. Vintage Pearl
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- #J40033 000001003 J40033000001003
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Sonor team, in cooperation with artists and collectors, worked tirelessly to bring the new Vintage drum line as close as possible to the look, fe...Click To Read More About This Product
A snare that harkens back to Sonor's classic style with many modern updates.
The Sonor team, in cooperation with artists and collectors, worked tirelessly to bring the new Vintage drum line as close as possible to the look, feel and sound of its predecessor, the Teardrop drums. Sonor then combined its knowledge of modern drum building, with the look and sound of vintage drums, to create an instrument that will hold up to today's modern playing.
Like in the original Teardrop drums, the Vintage drum series feature hand-selected premium German Beech shells with rounded bearing edges. Sonor has carefully recreated the look and feel of the 1950s teardrop lug and updated it with Sonor's exclusive Tunesafe™ system. Being sure not to overlook any details, Sonor has redesigned the Superprofil triple flanged hoops and brought back the timeless Sonor badge and logo used in between 1952 and 1961.
Sonor Vintage Series Sound
The rounded bearing edge creates more head contact, which generates a beefier and little shorter sound in comparison to the 45-degree cut shells. The result is a warm, dry, but yet resonant sound that you'll notice on older drum records.
Sonor Vintage Series Shell Design
The Vintage Series is constructed with a 9-ply, 6 mm cross laminated tension free (CLTF) shell on all drums.
Super50 Snare Strainer
Vintage snare drums feature a new throw off. The 'Super 50', a completely redesigned strainer, was inspired by the throw off which was used on the Sonor D-411 and D-412 snares in the 1950s.
Sonor has redesigned the original "Superprofil" hoop from the 1950s - a 2.3 mm triple flanged steel hoop with classic shape on snare drum, tom toms and floor toms.
TuneSafe—Right in Tune, 100% of the Time
All Sonor lugs are equipped with the patented TuneSafe, which prevents the tension rods from loosening. Tune Safe supports maximum tuning stability even under extreme environments. Square-head tension rods with fine-pitch threads guarantee optimum tunability.
- Rounded bearing edge
- 9‐ply/6 mm cross laminated, tension-free shell
- Super50 snare strainer
- Superprofil hoops—2.3 mm triple flanged steel
- Sonor lugs equipped with TuneSafe
- Square-head tension rods with fine-pitch threads
- Remo batter and resonance heads
Call or click to order today!
- Snare size: 14 x 5-1/2 in.
- Total pieces: 1
- Case or Bag: Not Applicable
- Stand: Not Applicable
- Shell material: Beech
- Shell construction: 9-ply
- Shell thickness (mm): 6
- Bearing edge: Rounded
- Reinforcement ring: No
- Hardware material: Steel
- Hoop type: Proprietary
- Lugs: Proprietary
- Throw-off: Tap-Style
- Internal muffler: No
- Snares: Steel
- Heads: Branded
- Finish type: Wrap
- Country of origin: Germany
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.