- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
TAMA S.L.P. Sonic Stainless Steel Snare Drum
14 x 6.5 in.
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L73172 000001000 L73172000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Designed from the bottom up as part of the TAMA Sound Lab Project, the 14" TAMA S.L.P. Sonic Stainless Steel snare drum is a powerhouse metal instrum...Click To Read More About This Product
Solid metal snare drum with 1.2 mm stainless steel shell, extra-heavy Mighty Hoop and 30-count steel snare wires
Designed from the bottom up as part of the TAMA Sound Lab Project, the 14" TAMA S.L.P. Sonic Stainless Steel snare drum is a powerhouse metal instrument with a hefty, robust sound. Built with a solid 1.2 mm pure stainless steel shell at a resonant 6.5" depth, this drum is perfect for players who want to lay down a cutting backbeat at any tuning.
When developing this model, TAMA's philosophy was that a steel snare shouldn't have to be tuned extra high to produce that distinctive metal attack. High-pitched tunings are great for piercing through thick heavy metal riffs, but players who prefer a low or mid-level tension, with the beefy resonance that comes with it, should be able to enjoy the tonal clarity and attack of a steel snare as well. TAMA accomplished this goal by developing a new 3.0 mm triple-flange Mighty Hoop, designed to pair with the stainless steel shell and two-point tube lugs to guarantee an aggressive, pure attack with every strike. Add the 30-count steel coil snare wires and heads crafted by EVANS, and this drum offers a bright, bold snare sound for any genre.
- 14x6.5" solid steel snare drum
- 1.2 mm thick pure stainless steel shell
- Steel hardware with two-point tube lugs and side throw-off
- 3.0 mm steel triple-flange Mighty Hoop for powerful attack
- 30-count steel coil snare wires
- TAMA heads made by EVANS
- Snare size: 14x6.5"
- Total pieces: 1
- Shell material: Steel
- Shell construction: Solid
- Shell thickness (mm): 1.2
- Hardware material: Steel
- Hoop type: Triple-flange
- Lugs: Tube
- Throw-off: Side
- Snares: Steel 30-strand
- Heads: Branded
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.