- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
TAMA Starclassic Walnut/Birch 3-piece shell pack with 22" Bass Drum
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- #L46173 000004000 L46173000004000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Tama’s Starclassic series has become highly acclaimed and reinforced Tama’s reputation as an exceptional drum maker since its 1994 launch. This serie...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Reimagining a new sonic inspiration with a unique pairing of walnut and birch.
Tama’s Starclassic series has become highly acclaimed and reinforced Tama’s reputation as an exceptional drum maker since its 1994 launch. This series has inspired a personal connection to a modernized sound derived from various drum shell materials throughout its history: Maple, birch, bubinga and birch/bubinga. Each shell material produced a tangible sonic difference, enabling drummers to select and personalize their own specific sound.
For Tama, Starclassic has represented versatility, durability and continuous sonic evolution using different wood shell materials. The evolution of Starclassic continues, and now—after intense analysis, rigorous research, development and product testing—Tama has arrived at the latest Starclassic development, Starclassic Walnut/Birch. By analyzing the perfect ratio of walnut to birch, Tama was able to engineer a superior quality of low-to-mid frequency warmth that perfectly complements the clear attack and higher frequency projection of birch. The rich/clear, cutting sound is familiar, but distinctively different from Tama sounds of the past.
The Walnut/Birch shell for toms and floor toms is 6 mm thick and constructed using 4-ply European Birch for the outer plies with 2-ply American Black Walnut interior plies. The bass drum shell specification is 8 mm, 5-ply European Birch outer plies with 2-ply American Black Walnut interiors. The interior walnut shell ply includes a lacquer coating treatment, which adds an element of liveliness to the overall tone.
Drum hardware includes die-cast hoops, Star-Cast Mounting System, and Quick-Lock brackets on the toms and floor toms. These features ensure precise tuning, crisp sonic attack, flexible adjustability, as well as overall rock-solid durability and stability.
The Starclassic series continues to represent Tama’s extensive drum-making experience, wisdom and pursuit to offer refined and differentiated drum sounds. Starclassic Performer Walnut/Birch defines Tama’s commitment to evolve their sounds and inspire the contemporary drummer.
- 22x14" bass drum, 12x8" tom and 16x16" floor tom with single tom attachment
- TT/FT: 4-ply Birch + 2 inner ply Walnut, 6 mm
- BD: 5-ply Birch + 2 inner ply Walnut, 8 mm
- Inside Lacquer
- Star-Cast Mounting System
- Quick-Lock Tom Brackets
- Cymbals, snare and hardware sold separately
Call or click to order today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.