Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 5 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Yamaha Recording Custom Aluminum Snare Drum 14 x 6.5 in.true true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
Style: 14 x 6.5 in.
- Free Shipping
- Top Rated
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
An aluminum snare drum with a dry, open tone for session work or live play.
The 14 x 5-1/2 in. model includes the snare wires that Steve prefers to use. This is a 10-strand snare wire with the middle four strands removed. This special snare wire enhances the cutoff of the sound, enabling the artist to produce a crisper staccato tone.
After repeated evaluations by Steve Gadd with Yamaha design, the result was a groundbreaking snare drum. To date, Yamaha’s snare drums have traditionally had the metal center bead on the interior of the drum. However, Yamaha has taken the step of fixing the center bead to the outside of the drum to produces a more open sound than our conventional drums, for crisp, articulate performance.
The heavy-duty Q-type strainer is robust whilst offering solid, stable and smooth operation, along with adjustment and snare replacement.
- Snare Size: Multiple Sizes
- Total Pieces: 1
- Case or Bag: Not Applicable
- Stand: Not Applicable
- Shell Material: Aluminum
- Shell Construction: Seamless
- Shell Thickness (mm): 1
- Bearing Edge: 45°
- Reinforcement Ring: No
- Hardware Material: Steel
- Hoop Type: Die-cast
- Lugs: Bridge
- Throw-Off: Side
- Internal muffler: No
- Snares: Steel Carbon
- Heads: Branded
- Finish Type: Brushed
- Country of Origin: Taiwan
Featuring specs and features preferred by session legend, Steve Gadd. Order today.
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 5 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.