- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Deering 5-Deluxe 5-String Banjo
- Write a Review
- 517714 000000000 517714000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The subtly elegant high-gloss finish, the ebony peghead overlay with mother-of-pearl inlay and fancier binding on the resonator enhance the beauty of...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Sweet tone and elegant looks.
The subtly elegant high-gloss finish, the ebony peghead overlay with mother-of-pearl inlay and fancier binding on the resonator enhance the beauty of this sweet-toned banjo. It's outfitted with the same genuine Deering tone ring, one-piece flange, and 3-ply rock-maple rim used in the Sierra and Greg Deering Limited models. The Deluxe offers the Sierra's sweet tone in a more elaborate banjo that's still modestly priced.
White and gold Italian pearled inlays designed by Greg Deering adorn the Deluxe banjo. It is a sweet-sounding professional quality walnut banjo with Deering's 20 hole -06- bronze tone ring, fast neck and comfortable feel. It's a beautiful step up from the Sierra with added detailing and high gloss finish. It is an inspirational banjo for the dedicated musician. The Deluxe was the third model of the Deering line, originally designed with simple mother-of-pearl diamond inlays back in 1979 and embelished and upgraded to the beautiful new inlay pattern Greg Deering designed in the summer of 2009.
The Deluxe has a sweet singing, professional-quality tone. Easy to play with clarity and good note separation.
Tuned: G,D,G,B,D in standard tuning, and can easily be tuned in other tunings as well.
- Original Deering Engraved Inlays of White and Gold Italian Pearloid
- Slender Fast and Comfortable Neck Shape
- 22 Pressed in Nickel-Silver Frets
- Ebony Fingerboard with original Deerling design inlays of white and gold Italian pearloid
- Deering Planetary Banjo Tuners
- Deering Geared 5th String Tuner
- High Gloss Finish
- Deering 20 hole -06- Bell Bronze Tone Ring
- Violin Grade 3-ply Maple Rim
- Deering Brass Notched Tension Hoop
- 11" Frosted Top Medium Crown Head
- 24 Round Hooks with 1/4" Hex Nuts
- One Piece Cast Zinc Flange
- Slender Shaped Armrest
- True Tone Deering Tailpiece
- Nickel Plated Hardware
- Satin Finish
- Trimmed in White/Black/White
- Straight Side Walls
- High Gloss Finish
- Priced with a Deering Hardshell Case
- 22 frets
- Neck width at the nut: 1-1/4"
- Scale length nut to bridge: 26-1/4"
- Resonator diameter: 13-7/8"
- Overall instrument length: 38"
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.