- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Deering Boston 6-String Acoustic-Electric Banjo
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J09472 000000000 J09472000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The rolled steel rim of the Boston creates a bright, powerful banjo tone that is unique to Deering banjos. The clarity and crispness of this guitar-t...Click To Read More About This Product
Deering quality in a six-string.
The rolled steel rim of the Boston creates a bright, powerful banjo tone that is unique to Deering banjos. The clarity and crispness of this guitar-tuned, 6-string banjo gives the guitar player a true banjo sound, with guitar tuning convenience. The satin finish mahogany neck and resonator visually enhance the bright nickel plated metal parts. The fingerboard inlays are delicately beautiful and the tuners are precise and smooth. The fully adjustable truss rod allows the player to fine tune the string "action" for any unique and highly personalized playing style.
The humbucking Kavanjo pickup amplifies to extremely high volume without feedback. There are no batteries to change and the pickup works great in guitar amps, acoustic amps, PAs and many other amps the player might have available. The pickup is compatible with effects pedals and volume pedals. The pickup has little to no effect on the acoustic sound of the banjo. Played by artists like Keith Urban and Taylor Swift, this banjo is a beautiful compliment to any musical style and every guitarists arsenal.
- Crisp trebles and short sustain
- Easy to play, great for recording
- Mulitple tuning options
- Handsome design, select woods
- Hardshell case included
Broaden your sound horizons. Order today.
- Tropical American Mahogany
- Slender Deering Neck Shape
- Arched Fingerboard
- Seed & Vine Inlays,
- Guitar Style Tuners
- Adjustable truss-rod
- 22 Pressed In Nickel-Silver Frets
- 3/16" Durable Nickel Plated Steel Rim
- 24-Piece Butterfly Flange
- 24 flat hooks with 9/32" hex nuts
- 24 Bracket Shoes
- 11" Frosted Top High Crown Head with Kavanjo Banjo Pickup
- Beveled Tension Hoop
- Deering 6-string Tailpiece
- Nickel Plated Hardware,
- Deering 6-String Tailpiece
- Mahogany, with white binding
- Trimmed in White
- Straight Side Walls
- Satin Finish
- Has the sweet sound of mahogany with less sustain for clear notes. Crisp highs and good bass response with less overtones than many banjos. Easy to play with clarity of note separation. Great for recording.
- Tuned E,A,D,G,B,E for standard Guitar tuning, can also be tuned in other tunings
- Neck Width at the Nut: 1 ¾³
- Scale Length Nut to Bridge: 26 ¼³
- Resonator diameter: 13 7/8³
- Overall Instrument Length: 38 ½³
- Includes a Deering Hardshell Case
- The trust and pride we share in our product gives us the confidence to grant every owner of a Deering banjo a Lifetime Warranty ensuring the quality of our materials and workmanship.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.