- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Deering Goodtime Americana Left Handed 5 String Banjo
12 In. Rim
- Write a Review
- J26090 000001000 J26090000001000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Americana is the first 5-string banjo from Deering to be fitted with their Grand 12" rim, which gives the banjo a stronger bass response and a m...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Reminiscent of banjos from a period when larger rims were more prevalent.
The Americana is the first 5-string banjo from Deering to be fitted with their Grand 12" rim, which gives the banjo a stronger bass response and a much warmer tone. The fullness and warmth of the larger rim is further enhanced by the addition of a 12 Renaissance head which beautifully complements the banjo both visually and sonically.
Continuing the long-standing Goodtime philosophy of offering the best value American-made banjos available, the Americana is the lowest-priced 12 model on the market today and retains the distinctive natural blonde Goodtime aesthetics. In keeping with the rest of the Goodtime line, this banjo also features guitar-style tuners, a rock maple neck, nickel-plated hardware, and hardwood inlays.
Played with an old-time style technique, the Americana is reminiscent of banjos from a period when larger rims were more prevalent making the 12 a great setup for playing old-time music. A traditional 11 banjo with a frosted top head has a far brighter sound and will œcut more. Since the combination of the Grand 12 rim and the Renaissance head makes for a wonderfully laid back sound in comparison, the Americana lends itself perfectly for musicians looking to use the banjo to back up a vocalist or another instrument, instead of playing the a lead instrument role.
Put a sweet banjo on your knee. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.