- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Deering Goodtime Special 5-String Open Back Banjo
- Write a Review
- J09463 000000000 J09463000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Special means it has Deering's patented Goodtime Special Tone Ring. This is the lowest-priced Deering banjo made with a tone ring. The openback style...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Tone ring banjo at a surprising price.
Special means it has Deering's patented Goodtime Special Tone Ring. This is the lowest-priced Deering banjo made with a tone ring. The openback style makes it suitable for clawhammer or frailing styles of playing, while the increased brightness and volume is a wonderful surprise to players who play in the more traditional bluegrass style of play.
If you prefer to play clawhammer or frailing style and want the openback sound but with a louder voice, The Goodtime Special Open back is the banjo for you. If you play occaisional finger picking, the Goodtime Special is the perfect compromise between the sweet sound of the open back banjo but with more power that comes from the steel Goodtime Special tone ring. The three-ply violin maple rim and steel tone ring work together for the best blend of brightness, with sweet rich banjo sound. The blonde maple neck and rim are visually enhanced by the exotic hard wood inlays in the fingerboard. Made in the USA.
Case sold separately.
- Blonde Slender Rock Maple Neck
- 22 Pressed In Nickel Silver frets
- Hardwood Bow Tie Inlays
- Sealed Geared Tuners
- Geared 5th String Tuner
- Durable Satin Finish
- Deering Fiddle Shaped Peghead
- Blonde 3-ply Violin Grade Maple Rim
- New Patented Goodtime Special Tone Ring
- Steel Tension Hoop
- 11" Top Frosted High Crown Head
- 5/8" Maple/Ebony Goodtime Bridge
- 16 Flat Hooks with 9/32³ Nuts
- 16 Bracket Shoes
- Patented Goodtime Tailpiece
- Steel Coordinator Rod for Adjustments
- Durable Satin Finish Tone: Louder projection and clarity from the tone ring of a full bodied tone
- Neck Width at the Nut: 1-1/4"
- Scale Length Nut to Bridge: 26-1/4"
- Rim diameter: 11"
- Overall Instrument Length: 37-1/2"
- Instrument Weight: 6.5 lb.
- 6-year warranty
- Case sold separately
Order today and experience a real Derring banjo.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Our product catalog varies by country due to manufacturer restrictions. If you change the Ship-To country, some or all of the items in your cart may not ship to the new destination.