- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Deering Sierra 5-String Banjo
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- 517713 000000000 517713000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Deering's most popular professional grade banjo for almost 20 years. Greg Deering knows what it feels like to want a professional banjo and not be ab...Click To Read More About This Product
Superb appointments and sound at a manageable price!
Deering's most popular professional grade banjo for almost 20 years. Greg Deering knows what it feels like to want a professional banjo and not be able to afford it, so this has become the flagship of their line. The Sierra is affordable with all the most important features that affect the tone and playability. Simple detailing allows Deering to keep the cost down, while still giving you all the important components of a high quality banjo.
The heirloom-quality, professional Deering Sierra 5-String Banjo features a sand-cast, virgin bell bronze, genuine Deering tone ring mounted to a 3-ply rock-maple rim with a one-piece resonator flange. Uses the same tone ring, rim, and flanges as the Gabriella model, which lists at $24,950! The mahogany neck, resonator with ebony fingerboard, planet-style tuning pegs, and satin finish enhance the classic appearance and playability of this powerful and affordable banjo. Deering includes a $180-value case with your Sierra Banjo.
G,D,G,B,D in standard tuning.
Can easily be tuned in other tunings as well.
- Natural Ebony Fingerboard
- 22 Pressed In Nickel Silver Frets
- Original Deering Designed Engraved Inlays
- Slender Deering Neck Shape
- Fully Adjustable Truss Rod
- Deering Planetary Banjo Tuners
- Deering Geared 5th String Peg
- Satin Finish
- Deering -06- 20 Hole Bell Bronze Tone Ring
- Three-Ply Violin Grade Maple Rim
- True Tone Deering Tailpiece
- Deering Brass Notched Tension Hoop
- 11" Top Frosted Medium Crown Head
- 24 Round Hooks and ¼" Hex Nuts
- One Piece Cast Zinc Flange
- Slender Shaped Armrest
- Nickel Plated Hardware
- Satin Finish
- White Binding
- Straight Inside Sidewalls
- Satin Finish
- Neck Width at the Nut 1 1/4"
- Scale Length Nut to Bridge 26 1/4"
- Resonator diameter 13 7/8"
- Overall Instrument Length 38"
- Weight Approx. 11 lbs
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.