Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT(12/9 only) 6 AM - 7 PM PT
SUN(12/10 only) 6 AM - 6PM PT
Deering Sierra Plectrum Banjotrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
- Free Shipping
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
- Ships Internationally
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Excellent quality four-string.
Warning: detailed banjo-speak is about to follow: The Sierra banjo, while being Deering's least expensive professional banjo, has become the flagship of the line. The pot assembly of the Sierra, the violin-grade maple 3-ply rim, the -06- tone ring, the one piece zinc flange, the notched tension hoop, the Deering tail piece and armrest are exactly the same as the entire Deering line, all the way up to the Gabriella, with just a few exceptions; the Golden Era has a different zinc flange, the Hartford hasa Grenadillo wood tone ring, the Terry Baucum has an -06- tone ring that is just a few ounces lighter than the standard -06- tone ring, and the Tenbrooks banjos have the Swiss Jens Kruger tone ring.
The G.D.L. has the exact same pot assembly as the Sierra, The Ivanhoe, except for cosmetic differences such as gold plating, has the exact same pot assembly as the Sierra. The Maple Blossom, the Deluxe, the Calico, the Black Diamond all have the exact same pot assembly as the Sierra. This means that the Sierra is truly a top professional banjo.
When Deering first introduced the Sierra they kept the cost down by keeping the cosmetics simple. The Sierra has been tremendously successful, but it is no longer cosmetically simple. With the implementation of new technology, Deering has been able to make the Sierra exquisitely beautiful without raising the price. Inspired by the art work of the old masters of the Boston banjo era from the turn of the last century, Deering has brought an artistic sensibility to the Sierra that is usually reserved for banjos costing much more.
- Select woods and cosmetic appoiuntments
- Easy to play
- Great sound and projection
- Hard shell case included
For jazz and Celtic, or anything else your imagination thinks might be a fit. Order today.
Sierra Plectrum Banjo Specifications:
- Natural Ebony fingerboard
- Pearl dot position markers
- Slender Deering Neck Shape
- Fully Adjustable truss rod
- Deering Planetary banjo tuners
- Durable Satin Finish
- Genuine Deering -06- Bell Bronze Tone Ring
- Violin Grade Three ply Maple Rim
- Brass Notched Tension Hoop
- Standard 11³ Frosted Bottom Medium Crown Head
- 24 Round Hooks and ¼³ Hex Nuts
- One piece cast Zinc Flange
- Slender Shaped Armrest
- Deering True Tone tailpiece
- Nickel plated Hardware
- Trimmed in white
- Straight internal sidewalls
- Durable Satin Finish
- Includes a Deering Hardshell Case
- Has the sweet sound of mahogany with less sustain than maple or walnut.
- Professional quality tone. Easy to play with clarity of note separation.
- Tuned:C,G,B,D for Dixieland Jazz or can be tuned D,G,B,E for guitar style tuning
- Can easily be tuned in other tunings as well.
- Neck Width at the Nut: 1 3/16³
- Scale Length Nut to Bridge: 26 1/4³
- Resonator Diameter: 13 7/8³
- Overall Instrument Length: 38³
- Weight: 11 lbs
- The trust and pride we share in our product gives us the confidence to grant every owner of a Deering banjo a Lifetime Warranty ensuring the quality of our materials and workmanship.
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.