- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Eastman MD515 All Solid Wood F Style Mandolin
- Write a Review
- Product H89389
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Eastman mandolins have been establishing a dramatic presence in a very competitive and discriminating field, that of mandolin design and production. ...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Top quality mandolin for less than you might expect.
Eastman mandolins have been establishing a dramatic presence in a very competitive and discriminating field, that of mandolin design and production. The customer base for fine mandolins is astute and demanding, but by the same token, eager to experience an elegant and artful contribultion to the available landscape of fine instruments. Eastman instruments' quality speak for themselves, and the MD515 F-style mandolin is a fine mid-price selection in the line.
The manufacturing process at Eastman doesn't differ much from the way mandolins were made in the mandolin's glory days in the early 20th century. They are handmade using the finest select tonewoods, in this case a solid carved spruce top and solid maple back, sides and top. Apportioning includes a traditional-style ebony bridge and an ebony fingerboard. It is triple-bound on the top, and features a single piece cast tailpiece. The scroll is charming and beautifully rendered.
- Individually hand-crafted using time-honored methods
- Made of pemium hand-carved solid tonewoods
- Solid spruce top, solid maple back & sides
- Ebony fingerboard & adjustable ebony bridge
- F-style body with F-holes
- Warm, ringing tones
- Excellent sound projection
Order today and get an instrument you'll love forever.
- Body Dimensions: 27³ x 10³ x 1 23/32³
- Top Wood: Carved Solid Spruce
- Back/Sides Wood: Carved Solid Maple
- Body Binding: Ivoroid (body & fingerboard)
- Neck Woods: Maple
- Neck Length: 6 15/16³
- Nut Width/Material: 1 3/32³, bone
- Scale Length: 13 7/8³
- Fingerboard: 12³ radiused ebony
- Frets: Dunlop #6310
- Inlays: White mother-of-pearl
- Bridge: Fitted adjustable ebony
- Tailpiece: Nickel cast
- Tuners: Nickel Schaller
- Strings: D™Addario J74 strings
- Available Finishes: Classic, Classic/Sunburst
- Finish: High-gloss nitrocellulose lacquer
- Case: Shaped case included