- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Gold Tone BG-250 Bluegrass Special Banjo
- Write a Review
- J25544 000001000 J25544000001000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The BG-250 was one of the first instruments ever introduced to the Gold Tone line and it’s the remarkable features that keep it around. Its convertib...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Able to change from bluegrass-style banjo to a old-time open back styles.
The BG-250 was one of the first instruments ever introduced to the Gold Tone line and it’s the remarkable features that keep it around. Its convertible resonator feature allows for an easy conversion between a bluegrass (resonator) banjo and a genuine old time (openback) banjo by simply removing the 13” resonator and mounting brackets. Like many old-time banjos, this model features an openback pot assembly design utilizing 24 shoe lugs instead of a one-piece flange. This cuts down on the weight by about 3lb. while still being able to deliver a powerful and punchy tone. This convertible feature is great for players wanting to play in both popular styles. Other features include a bound rosewood fingerboard, a 12” bound mahogany resonator, GT Master planetary tuners, flat-top 20-hole bell brass tone ring, and a complete setup at the Gold Tone Factory in Florida.
- Neck: Maple
- Bridge: Maple bridge with ebony cap; 5/8"
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Resonator: 13" mahogany
- Rim: Multi-ply maple
- Wood Finish: Vintage Brown
- Fingerboard Inlay: Snowflake
- Body Binding: Celluloid
- Neck Binding: Celluloid
- Nut: Bone
- Arm Rest: "Gold Tone" Engraved
- Tailpiece: Straightline Tailpiece
- Strings: GDGBD - .010, .024w, .016, .013, .010
- Plating: Chrome
- Tuners: GT Master Plantetary Tuners
- Tone Ring: Bell Brass Tone Ring
- Tension Hoop: Notched
- Scale: 26-3/16"
- Weight: 10.4 lb.
- Nut Width: 1-3/16"
- Frets: 22
- Head Size: 11" Remo High Crown Frosted
- Total Length: 38-3/8"
Order this big-bodied versatile banjo today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear