- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Gold Tone Maple Mountain Openback Banjo
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L53087 000001000 L53087000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The MM-150 was Gold Tone's first openback banjo and it still offers features found on many higher-priced banjos for less than you'd expect to pay. Th...Click To Read More About This Product
Open back banjo with great value.
The MM-150 was Gold Tone's first openback banjo and it still offers features found on many higher-priced banjos for less than you'd expect to pay. The half-inch-thick maple rim carries an authentically-designed Whyte Laydie-style scalloped three-piece brass tone ring under an eleven-inch Remo Renaissance head.
Premium parts include a comfortable maple neck, rosewood fingerboard with snowflake inlays and a frailing scoop, vintage Fairbanks-style headstock design, planetary tuners, a reproduction of the early 1900s armrest (secured by the banjo's bracket hooks), and No Knot tailpiece. The MM-150 is completely set up at the Gold Tone Factory.
- White Ladye Tone Ring
- 1/2" Maple Rim
- Planetary Tuners
Open and airy. Order today.
- Neck: Maple
- Finish: Natural Gloss
- Fingerboard: Select Wood with Scoop
- Bridge: Maple with Ebony Cap
- Tuners: Planetary
- Inlay: Snowflake
- Truss Rod: Two-Way Adjustable
- Tone Ring: White Ladye
- Rim: 1/2" Maple
- Tension Hoop: Notched Brass
- Binding: Black ABS
- Brackets: 24
- Buttons: A-Style
- Hardware: Chrome Plated
- Pickups: Optional
- Tailpiece: No-Knot
- Armrest: Reproduction of early
- Head: 11" HC Renaissance
- Number of Frets: 18
- Nut Width: 1-3/16" Bone
- Scale Length: 26-3/16"
- Weight: 6.5 lbs.
- Tuning: GDGBD
- Strings: .011, .024w, .016, .013, .011
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.