- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Gold Tone OM-800+Left-Handed Octave Mandolin with Case
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L52180 000001000 L52180000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Octave Mandolins are tuned one octave lower than the standard mandolin. They've become increasingly popular with mandolinists who want to expand thei...Click To Read More About This Product
Perfect for Irish or Americana.
Octave Mandolins are tuned one octave lower than the standard mandolin. They've become increasingly popular with mandolinists who want to expand their range of expression on an instrument they can be instantly comfortable with.
The OM-800+ features a generous 22 1/2" scale (commonly used by the best custom makers in Ireland). It comes with a passive bridge-mounted pickup for easy amplification and the slim neck has a comfortable compound-radiused fingerboard designed for fast, easy chording or precision melody work.
Gold Tone's luthiers have perfected the complicated setup needed to achieve low action without string buzz.
- Idiomatic for Celtic and folk
- Instantly familiar to mandolin players
- Charming low voice
- Beautiful design
Beautiful low voice. Order today.
- Neck: Mahogany
- Top: Arched Solid Spruce
- Back & Sides: Mahogany
- Finish: Natural Gloss
- Fingerboard: Compound Radiused Select Wood
- Bridge: Adj. Compensated Select Wood
- Tuners: Sealed Guitar-Style
- Inlay: Snowflake
- Truss Rod: Two-Way Adjustable
- Binding: Celluloid
- Buttons: Gold
- Hardware: Gold Plated
- Pickups: Hidden bridge-mounted transducer
- Tailpiece: Cast
- Number of Frets: 21
- Nut Width: 1-1/4"Bone
- Scale Length: 22-1/2"
- Weight: 4.5 lbs.
- Tuning: GDAE
- Strings: .016 .020w .035w .050w (Doubled)
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.