- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Gold Tone OT-800LN Old Time Long Neck Banjo with Case
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L52199 000001000 L52199000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Old Tone OT-800LN is based one of the most sought-after banjos of the "classic" period (1890 to 1930) when the Boston School of banjo making was ...Click To Read More About This Product
Old timey banjo—perfect tone and look.
The Old Tone OT-800LN is based one of the most sought-after banjos of the "classic" period (1890 to 1930) when the Boston School of banjo making was the highest expression of the art. The pot sports a pre-WW II-style Tubaphone tone ring, which adds pleasing overtones via a square-section brass tube mated to a solid brass rod, all encased in a turned brass sleeve.
This all sits snugly on an eleven-inch maple rim equipped with dual coordinator rods (for easy action adjustment) and is topped with a Remo Renaissance head carrying a maple and ebony bridge. A No Knot tailpiece anchors the strings. The authentic bracket-band carries the bracket shoes without the need to drill holes in the rim, increasing the OT-800's power and sustain. The extended maple neck has a bound ebony fretboard inlayed in engraved vintage style, and has a scoop at the pot for the hardcore clawhammer player. A deluxe arched top hard case is included.
Order today and turn back time.
- Neck: Maple
- Finish: Vintage Brown
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Bridge: Maple with Ebony Cap
- Tuners: GT Master Planets
- Inlay: Old-Time
- Truss Rod: Two-Way Adjustable
- Tone Ring: 32-Hole Tubaphone-Style
- Rim: 1/2" Maple Tubaphone-Style Bracket Band
- Tension Hoop: Notched Brass
- Binding: White ABS
- Brackets: 24
- Buttons: C-Style
- Hardware: Chrome Plated
- Pickups: Optional
- Tailpiece: No-Knot
- Armrest: Reproduction of early
- Head: 11" HC Renaissance
- Number of Frets: 22
- Nut Width: 1-3/16" Bone
- Scale Length: 32"
- Weight: 9 lbs.
- Tuning: EBEG#B
- Strings: .013 .016 .018 .026w .013
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.