- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Gold Tone Professional 4-String Irish Tenor Openback Banjo For Left Hand Players
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L53016 000001000 L53016000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The seventeen-fret IT-250's short scale neck uses heavier strings and is tuned to GDAE, an octave below the mandolin. This setup is in wide use by ma...Click To Read More About This Product
Lefty Irish tenor open back, an octave below the mandolin.
The seventeen-fret IT-250's short scale neck uses heavier strings and is tuned to GDAE, an octave below the mandolin. This setup is in wide use by many traditional Irish musicians because it provides the plunky tone that works so well with the bodhran, pipes and fiddles found in Celtic music ensembles.
The Whyte Laydie tone ring adds carrying power to the tone, allowing the player to use a lighter touch for greater precision with the pick. Clear maple is used for the half-inch thick rim and for the neck. High-quality hardware ensures years of durability and ease of adjustment and maintenance. Any mandolinist will find it easy to switch off to the IT-250 and add an extra dimension of authenticity to their music. This is the left-handed model.
- Finish: Vintage Brown
- Fingerboard: Select Wood
- Bridge: Maple with Ebony Cap
- Tuners: GT Master Planets
- Inlay: Cloud
- Truss Rod: Two-Way Adjustable
- Tone Ring: White Ladye
- Rim: 1/2" Maple
- Tension Hoop: Notched Steel
- Binding: White ABS
- Brackets: 24
- Buttons: C-Style
- Hardware: Chrome Plated
- Pickups: Optional
- Tailpiece: GT-Cast
- Armrest: Reproduction of early
- Head: 11" HC Renaissance
- Number of Frets: 17
- Nut Width: 1-1/8" Bone
- Scale Length: 19-3/4"
- Weight: 7 lbs.
- Tuning: GDAE
- Strings: .013 .020w .030w .040w
- Left-Handed Model
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.