- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Kentucky KM-855 Artist F-Model Mandolin
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- 515367 000245000 515367000245000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The pedigree is noble and a close look at the Kentucky KM-855 shows that the DNA is vintage. From the split-lip neck/body joint to the delicate mothe...Click To Read More About This Product
The KM-855 is a true Kentucky thoroughbred.
The pedigree is noble and a close look at the Kentucky KM-855 shows that the DNA is vintage. From the split-lip neck/body joint to the delicate mother-of-pearl inlays gracing the fretboard and peghead, the KM-855 has the traditional look and feel associated with the classic instruments of the mid-1920s. One chop and you will know that magic is there too.
An abbreviated fingerboard extension allows you to dig out the fat tone without the accompanying pick clatter on the fretboard. A comfortable radiused ebony fingerboard significantly reduces left hand fatigue. The thin nitro lacquer finish offers superb protection without the tone degradation associated with thicker alternatives. It's attention to the details that sets these mandolins apart from the rest.
- Solid hand carved and graduated select spruce top
- Solid hand carved and graduated highly flamed maple back and sides
- Solid one-piece maple neck with adjustable truss rod
- Nitrocellulose lacquer amberburst finish
- Mother of pearl Bella Voce headstock and fingerboard inlays
- High-quality, gold-plated Gotoh tuners
- Radiused ebony fingerboard, adjustable bridge, and bone nut
- Dovetail neck to body joint at 15th fret
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.