- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Recording King RAM-3 Dirty 30s A-Style Mandolin
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L76239 000001000 L76239000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Dirty 30s Mandolin is the perfect instrument for troubadours, songwriters or multi-instrumentalists who want a mandolin that delivers classic old...Click To Read More About This Product
A vintage-style mandolin with classic sounds.
The Dirty 30s Mandolin is the perfect instrument for troubadours, songwriters or multi-instrumentalists who want a mandolin that delivers classic old-time sound without the price tag of a vintage instrument. But it's much more than an entry-level instrument. Recording King focuses on details that other builders in the price range overlook: the f-holes have been specifically shaped for sound aperture and the 1 3/4" body depth was chosen specifically to accentuate its tonal capabilities. The solid spruce top gives the Dirty Thirties mandolin classic chop and projection, while the maple back and sides balance brightness and warmth for traditional old-time playing. Finished in stained tobacco sunburst with a thin satin finish, this mando has maximum mojo. The classic A-style body connects to a comfortable C-shaped neck with an authentic mini-Recording King Jubilee headstock. Ivory tuners and classy MOP fretboard dots give it a rustic but refined look.
- Solid spruce top, maple back and sides, tone bar bracing
- Thin C-shape maple neck, 13.7" scale length Revebond fingerboard, 20 frets
- Ivory button tuners, ebony saddle, ebony bridge, plastic nut
Go back to the '30s with Recording King. Shop now.
- Body type: A-Style Mandolin
- Cutaway: Yes or No n/a
- Top wood: Solid Spruce
- Back & sides: Maple
- Bracing pattern: Tone Bar
- Body finish: Satin Tobacco Burst
- Neck shape: Thin C
- Nut width: 1-1/8"
- Fingerboard: Revebond
- Neck wood: Maple
- Scale length: 13.7"
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: No
- Headstock overlay: Black
- Tuning machines: Ivory Button
- Bridge: Ebony
- Saddle & nut: Ebony/Plastic
- Number of strings: 8
- Accessories: (included with instrument): Truss Rod Wrench
- Country of origin: China
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.