- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Recording King RK-R35 Madison Tone Ring Banjo
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- 423808 000204000 423808000204000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Recording King Madison RK-R35 is built around a 3-ply steam bent maple rim, from the exact same construction and materials used in their best-sel...Click To Read More About This Product
The sounds of the South rediscovered in this Recording King Madison banjo.
The Recording King Madison RK-R35 is built around a 3-ply steam bent maple rim, from the exact same construction and materials used in their best-selling RK-R80. It has a maple neck with an adjustable two-way truss rod and a comfortable padauk fretboard. With a 24-hook brass tension hoop, players can adjust the head tension as precisely as on any world-class banjo. The planetary tuners, geared 5th peg and dual coordinator rods are effective professional components, and add an authentic feel to these impressive banjos.
The Madison RK-R35 has a maple resonator with a hand-rubbed brown matte finish. Recording King builds it with a Mastertone-style bell brass cast tone ring and a Mastertone-style one-piece flange. The Madison peghead and fretboard feature Recording King's Seagull inlay, for a banjo that looks as classic as it sounds.
The American threaded nickel-plated hook and nut hardware, as well as the true presto-style tailpiece and armrest are the same as featured on the popular RK-Scout. Like the other Madison banjos, the RK-R35 comes standard with an authentic Remo head.
- Maple resonator
- 3-ply steam bent maple
- Mastertone-style one-piece flange
- Remo frosted head top
- 11 in. high crown
- Mastertone-style bell brass cast
- 24 bracket notched
- Round American threaded hooks and nuts
- Dual coordinator rod
- Maple neck with adjustable rod
- Padauk fretboard
- Nickel-plated hardware
- Presto-style tailpiece
- Maple/ebony bridge
- Bone nut
- Seagull inlay fretmarkers
- Seagull inlay
- Recording King Madison peghead
- Black peghead overlay with mother-of-pearl inlay
- Planetary ivory button tuners
- Resonator ivoroid binding
- 26-1/4 in.
- Hand-rubbed brown satin matte finish
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.