- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Recording King RKO-3S Open Back Banjo
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J51246 000000000 J51246000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Dirty 30's open back RKO-3S sits at the perfect crossroads of classic sound and historic design. Like the original Montgomery Ward mail order ins...Click To Read More About This Product
Classic sound and historic design.
The Dirty 30's open back RKO-3S sits at the perfect crossroads of classic sound and historic design. Like the original Montgomery Ward mail order instruments from the first half of the century, this Dirty '30s banjo is the ideal companion for singer-songwriters, folk stylists or traveling troubadours.
This banjo packs excellent playability and historic vibe into a retro-infused package that makes vintage style and traditional banjo sound accessible to every player. With a great looking satin finish, Maple neck and Remo Recording King banjo head, the RKO-3S delivers classic tone and is light enough to take on the road with ease. Case sold separately.
- Body type: Open Back Banjo
- Cutaway: Not applicable
- Top wood: Not applicable
- Back & sides: Mahogany
- Bracing pattern: Not applicable
- Body finish: Matte Brown
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: C
- Nut width: 1-1/4 in.
- Fingerboard: Composite rosewood
- Neck wood: Maple
- Scale length: 26-1/4 in.
- Number of frets: 22
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: No
- Brand: Not applicable
- Configuration: Not applicable
- Preamp EQ: Not applicable
- Feedback filter: Not applicable
- Tuner: Not applicable
- Headstock overlay: Black
- Tuning machines: Ivory Button
- Bridge: Maple with ebony cap
- Saddle & nut: Ebony saddle, plastic nut
- Number of strings: 5
- Special features: No knot tailpiece
- Case: Sold separately
- Accessories: Not applicable
- Country of origin: China
Make new music with this affordable banjo. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.