Why Shop With Us?
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
We're Here for You
MON - FRI 5 AM - 9 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Recording King RM-991-S Tricone Metal Body Resonator Guitar with Squarenecktrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
- Free Shipping
- Top Rated
- Top Seller
- Flexible Financing
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Distinct tone and long sustain characterized by brilliant overtones and a natural ambiance.
The Recording King tricone is made from nickel-plated bell brass and features a T-shaped bridge with an ebony and maple saddle. The bridge is connected to the center of each cone so that when the strings are hit, the vibrations run through the saddle and then into the bridge. This tricone has a distinct tone and long sustain characterized by brilliant overtones and a natural ambiance only found in resonator instruments.
- Body: Nickel-plated bell brass
- Neck: Honduran mahogany squareneck
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Cone Material: Hand-spun aluminum
- Cone: Three 6" Recording King cones
- Coverplate: Tricone screen
- Headstock: Plated Recording King logo
- Tailpiece: Bell brass
- Bridge: T-Bridge with ebony and maple saddle
- Position Markers: Mother-of-pearl dot
- Tuners: Open geared
- Nut, Width: 1.9"
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Depth: 3.5"
- Upper Bout: 10-3/8"
- Lower Bout: 14-3/8"
- Body Length: 18-1/8"
- Total Length: 38.5"
- Case sold separately
Enjoy the incredibale tones of this tricone beauty. Order today.
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.