- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Roland Diatonic V-Accordion
- Write a Review
- Product H72398
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Roland FR-18 diatonic V-Accordion is the world's first digital diatonic accordion. With this groundbreaking and affordable instrument, traditiona...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
12 Diatonic accordions and a world of musical genres in one amazing instrument.
The Roland FR-18 diatonic V-Accordion is the world's first digital diatonic accordion. With this groundbreaking and affordable instrument, traditional folk accordionists around the world can now enjoy the many benefits of Roland's famous V-Accordion technology.
The FR-18 diatonic lets folk accordionists instantly conquer the inherent limitations of their traditional acoustic diatonic accordions, which include the instrument's fixed musical key, limited note range, and static sound signature. Thanks to its digital sound engine, the FR-18 diatonic can be transposed to a different key at the touch of a button, and its entire sound can be changed at will. This provides all folk accordionists a single practical instrument for playing any musical style in any key, eliminating the need to carry and maintain multiple acoustic accordions.
The FR-18 diatonic has 12 authentic ethnic accordion sound sets onboard, including Cajun, Organetto, Tex Mex, and Alpine, allowing accordionists to play a vast array of musical styles like Zydeco, Balkan, and Irish. In addition, there are eight orchestral voices and four Virtual Tone Wheel organs with fast and slow rotary effects, letting accordion players explore completely new musical styles. It's also possible to assign drum sounds to the bass and chord buttons and play them manually. Finally, sounds can be customized and stored in four user registrations for easy recall.
The FR-18 diatonic's keyboard and bass button layout can be easily reconfigured, and users can store 12 different tablatures onboard for quick access. A simple software-based editor (available via free download) with the FR-18 makes it easy for users to create custom tablatures on their Windows- or Mac-based computer. These tablatures can then be transferred to the FR-18 diatonic via convenient USB flash memory.
With its speaker-less design and battery-powered operation, the FR-18 diatonic allows the accordionist to perform freely with a compact and lightweight instrument. When paired with a battery-powered amp such as Roland's MOBILE CUBE, CUBE Street, or BA-330, players have a complete mobile setup for performing anywhere. The FR-18 diatonic also works perfectly with all popular wireless audio systems, and features a headphone output for silent practice.
Another unique and highly desirable feature of the FR-18 diatonic is the ability for users to customize its look with replaceable inlay sheets.
12 Diatonic Accordions In One
Performing accordionists can cover all bases onstage with this one instrument. No matter the song, you can switch instantly between different tonalities and configurations of the keyboard/bass buttons. Diatonic musicians won't have to carry a truckload of accordions onstage anymore! In addition to its amazing collection of virtual accordions, the FR-18 diatonic has other great instruments onboard, all instantly selectable. Choose from orchestral and brass instruments, exotic world instruments, percussion, organs, and more. The User Sets let you load your custom layouts of sounds and settings for instant recall.
The FR-18 diatonic comes with a dozen instantly selectable tablatures, making it possible to cover numerous genres without ever having to change accordions. In addition, you can create your own tablatures with a PC/Mac software app (available via free download). With this software, the FR-18 diatonic is truly an open instrument with customizable layouts for the keyboard and bass buttons. Thanks to USB compatibility, it's easy to transmit and receive custom tablature sets between computer and accordion.
Performance Style & Comfort
The speaker-less, lightweight body makes the FR-18 diatonic a comfort to wear and play. The long-life battery compatibility lets you roam onstage, free of unnecessary cables and clutter. The classic black finish blends well into any environment; it looks cool and stylish onstage yet elegant in the classiest of settings. In addition, there are exchangeable inlay sheets that let you change the appearance of the instrument. You can also create your own custom-designed inlay sheets and install them easily.
Private or Public
High-quality Roland earphones are included with the FR-18 diatonic package so you can play the instrument right out of the box. Practice at any hour without disturbing neighbors or surrounding environments. When it's time to blast, however, plug the FR-18 diatonic into one of Roland's award-winning amplifiers, such as the SA-300 stage amplifier.
- World's first digital diatonic accordion
- 12 onboard accordion models, including three user sets
- Virtual Tone Wheel organs onboard with slow and fast rotary
- Four user program registrations
- Programmable keyboard and bass button layout
- Drum function for manual percussion via bass & chord buttons
- Player is free to roam with battery (AA) power and wireless capability
Cross the threshold into the 21st century with this fantastic accordion. Order today.
- 37 buttons, velocity sensitive, selectable tablature and key
- 18 bass buttons, velocity sensitive, selectable tablature and key (same as for right hand), selectable button chord behavior (full chord or omitted third)
- Real pneumatic detection of bellows pressure (high resolution pressure sensor), bellows resistance regulator
- 128 voices
- 64 MB of waveforms (8+8 MB expansion sounds)
- 12 accordion Sets, each including: 8 treble registers, 8 orchestral sounds, 4 organ sounds, 3 bass
- stopping-reed growl, closing valve noise, left button noise
- hysteresis threshold, expression curve, pressure-variant filter, pressure-variant pitch deviation
- by bellows acceleration, by note repetition speed
- 15 (Dry, Classic, F-Folk, American L/H, North Europe, German L/H, D-Folk L/H, Alpine, Italian L/H, French, Scottish)
- 8 types
- 8 types, rotary (Slow/Fast) for organ sounds
- 4 treble registers + ORCHESTRA/ORGAN button, SET/FUNCTION register, 3 bass registers, ORCH. BASS button, ORCH. CHORD button, LEFT REGISTER button, KEY/DEMO button, USER PROGRAMbutton, DRUMS button, TABLATURE button, POWER button
- Solo, Dual
- 12 possible keys (C, C#, D, Eb, E, F, F#, G, Ab, A, Bb, B)
- 12 types,
- Down, 0, Up (for Treble and Orchestra/Organ), 4 User Program memories
- AC adaptor, Batteries (AA, HR6 Rechargeable Ni-MH x 8)
- 500 mA
- ±5.5 hours
- *Actual battery life varies according to usage conditions, the quality of the batteries and the number of charging cycles. Be sure to use only rechargeable Ni-MH batteries.
- OUTPUT jacks (L/Mono, R/Mono): 1/4" phone type
- PHONES jack: stereo 1/4" phone type
- USB MIDI connector (computer connection)
- USB MEMORY connector (storage devices)
- MIDI OUT/IN connector (function adjustable via parameter)
- DC IN jack
- AC adaptor, Owner's Manual, Straps, 1/4"”1/4" phone (guitar) cable, Earphones (with 1/8"”1/4" adaptor plug), Strip for securing the adaptor, MIDI and/or audio cables, Hexagonal wrench, Replaceable "traforo" inlay sheets
- Accordion soft bag
- Size and Weight (without straps or optional batteries)
- 365 mm
- 14-3/8 inches
- 195 mm
- 7-11/16 inches
- 375 mm
- 14-13/16 inches
- 5.3 kg
- 11 lbs. 11 oz.