- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Roland FR-1x V-Accordion
- Write a Review
- Product J37911
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
V-Accordions have revolutionized the music world, and Roland has dedicated itself to the ongoing development of these amazing instruments. The FR-1x ...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Compact, lightweight piano-type with new-generation speakers, USB-compatibility and advanced bellows-pressure circuitry.
V-Accordions have revolutionized the music world, and Roland has dedicated itself to the ongoing development of these amazing instruments. The FR-1x series is the newest addition to the famous V-Accordion family. These compact, lightweight models offer the same flexibility and portability as their popular FR-1 predecessors, but add significant features, including USB functionality and advanced bellows-pressure circuitry for enhanced sensitivity and precision. With new-generation speakers onboard and an expanded 7-segment/3-character display, the FR-1x piano-type sets a powerful standard for a small lightweight accordion.
Perfect for Students and Pros
Light and small, the FR-1x is perfect for young players, music studios and schools. They are the most compact of all V-Accordions, but cut no corners in sound quality. It’s also a perfect instrument for the professional accordionist and live performer. The FR-1x's battery power and onboard speakers make it ideal for the strolling accordionist. The FR-1x is great instrument for musicians who perform musical styles such as folk, rock, roots-rock, blues, Zydeco and more.
Play Anytime, Anywhere
Enjoy instant, high-quality sound from the onboard speakers or play privately with ear buds or headphones (sold separately). The FR-1x is also the perfect instrument to travel with. Because of its compact size, it fits in the overhead storage compartment on most commercial airplanes.
Advanced Musical Expression
With the FR-1x series, you can access over a dozen different accordion sounds instantly. There are even orchestral instruments onboard, as well as virtual tone wheel organs with realistic rotary effects. The FR-1x also includes onboard manual drum/percussion sounds that can be played with the bass and chord buttons.
USB memory port and USB Computer port onboard
The USB memory port allows you to easily store data such as User Program, and to upload new sounds, thanks to the USB Flash Memory. Moreover you can manage MP3 and Wave files using the optional USB Flash Memory. Their playback is a good educational application and can enhance live performances too. The USB computer port is dedicated to MIDI computer applications, such as sequencer software programs.
Faster response and higher sensitivity
Thanks to Roland’s sound generator that is optimized for Accordion performance, the FR-1x will satisfy even the most demanding accordion player. Thanks to this new technology accordionists can feel perfectly at ease when playing their music especially once they have experienced the enhanced response of this instrument.
Set Editor software
A dedicated software program allows you to create a dedicated User Set for the FR-1x with access to all Orchestra, Orchestra Bass and Orchestra Chord sounds. It will be available on the Roland Web site as a free download. Thanks to the USB port, it will be easy to load user sets into the FR-1x.
- Full-range, high-quality speakers onboard in bass reflex box: 7 W x 2
- USB memory port for Wave/MP3 player, new-sounds upload, data loading/saving
- Professional look with friendly user interface and 7-segment LED
- Standard and Free Bass modes
- 16 Accordion Sets, 16 Orchestral sounds, four Virtual Tone Wheel presets, eight User Programs
Order this modern accordion today.
- Right hand: 26 keys velocity sensitive (starting at B key)
- Left hand: 72 bass buttons velocity sensitive
- Bass and Chord modes: 2 Bs Rows, 3 Bs Rows A-7th, 3 Bs Rows A-5dim, 3 Bs Rows B-7th, 3 Bs Rows B-5dim, 3 Bs Rows Bx-7th, 3 Bs Rows Belgium
- Free Bass modes: Minor 3rd (37 notes Eb-Eb), Bajan (37 notes D-D), Fifth (36 notes C-C), North Europe (37 notes D-C#), Finnish (37 notes D-D)
- Bellows: Enhanced pressure sensor for better sensitivity and Advanced Physical Behaviour Modelling such as detection of bellows opening/closing, Bellows Resistant Regulator wheel with fine adjustment
- Bellow curve: Fixed Low, Fixed Med, Fixed High, X-Light, Light, Standard, Heavy, X-Heavy
- Max. polyphony: 128 Voices
- Tones (Accordion Set): 16 Accordion Sets (including four User Sets), each one including: 14 Treble Registers, 7 Bass/Chord registers, 7 Free Bass registers, 7 Orchestra Free Bass registers, 7 Orchestra Bass registers, 7 Orchestra Chord registers
- Reed footages: 7 Treble, 5 Bass, 3 Chord, 2 Free Bass
- Additional sounds: Uploadable from USB memory and saved on four User setsSounds
Micro-Tuning Presets: 16 Types: Off, Dry, Classic, F-Folk, American L/H, North Europe, German L/H, D-Folk L/H, Alpine, Italian L/H, French, ScottishEffectsReverb/Chorus: 8 Types
- Orchestral sounds: Stopping-reed growl, Closing valve noise, left button noise
- Individual Reed Simulation: Hysteresis threshold, expression curve, pressure variant filter, pressure variant pitch deviation
- Switching Reed Sound Wav: By bellows acceleration, by note repetition speed
- Bellows opening/closing sound change: By bellows opening/closing detection
- Rotary for organ sound: Slow/FlatPanel ControlsKnob controls and registers: Volume, 4x Treble/Orchestra/Organ + Set
- Other switches: Drum On/Off, Orchestra On/Off, Organ On/Off, Free Bass On/Off, Orchestra Bass On/Off, Orchestra Chord/Free Bass On/Off, User Programs On/Off, Wave/MP3 player: Reset/Stop, Play/Pause, PowerOperation Mode
Display: 7 segments, 3 characters (LED)
- User Programs: 8 Memories
- Orchestra/Organ mode: Solo, Dual
- Octave: Down, 0, Up for treble, Orchestra/Organ
- Metronome: On/Off
- Bass and Chord with drum/percussion sounds: On/Off for Bass/Orch Bass 2 rows, Chord/Orchestra Chord 4 rows
- Audio Player: mp3/Wave player from USB memory
- Bass to Treble mode: On/Off
- Rated Power Output: 7W x 2
- Speakers: 9 cm x 2
- Wave Expansion: 2 internal areas (8 MB each) to load new sounds
- Power Supply: AC adaptor (included), Batteries (not included) AA-type rechargeable Ni-MH x 8
- Expected battery life under continuous use: 5 hours (speaker ON mode), 8 hours (speaker OFF mode) *with using Ni-MH 2000mAh batteries
- Onboard connectors: PHONES jack: 1/4 in. phone type, MIDI OUT connector, USB MEMORY connector type A, USB COMPUTER connector type B, DC IN connector
- Color variation: Black, red
- Accessories: AC adaptor, power cord (for connecting the AC adaptor) owner’s manual, Reference caps for the bass buttons, straps, strip for securing the adapter, MIDI and/or audio cablesDimensions
- WxHxD: 405 x 195 x 365 mm (16 x 7-11/16 x 14-3/8 in.)
- Weight: 6.5 kg, 14 lb., 6 oz.
Our product catalog varies by country due to manufacturer restrictions. If you change the Ship-To country, some or all of the items in your cart may not ship to the new destination.