- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Roland FR-1xb V-Accordion (Button Style)
- Write a Review
- Product H81222
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The FR-1xb is the newest addition to the Roland's famous V-Accordion family which have helped revolutionize the accordion world. This compact, lightw...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Compact, lightweight button-style virtual accordion packed with features.
The FR-1xb is the newest addition to the Roland's famous V-Accordion family which have helped revolutionize the accordion world. This compact, lightweight model offers the same flexibility and portability as its popular FR-1 predecessors, but adds significant features, including USB functionality and advanced bellows-pressure circuitry for enhanced sensitivity and precision. With new-generation speakers onboard, and an expanded 7-segment/3-character display, the FR-1xb button-type accordion sets a powerful standard for a small, lightweight accordion.
Perfect for Students and Pros
Light and small, the FR-1xb is perfect for young players, music studios, and schools. It is the most compact of all V-Accordions, but cuts no corners in sound quality. It's also a perfect instrument for the professional accordionist and live performer. The FR-1xb's battery power and onboard speakers make it ideal for the strolling accordionist. The FR-1xb is a great instrument for musicians who perform musical styles such as folk, rock, roots-rock, blues, zydeco, and more.
Play Anytime, Anywhere
Enjoy instant, high-quality sound from the onboard speakers or play privately with ear buds or headphones (sold separately). The FR-1xb is also the perfect instrument to travel with. Because of its compact size, it fits in the overhead storage compartment on most commercial airplanes.
Advanced Musical Expression
With the FR-1xb, you can access over a dozen different accordion sounds instantly. There are even orchestral instruments onboard, as well as virtual tone wheel organs with realistic rotary effects. The FR-1xb also includes onboard manual drum/percussion sounds that can be played with the bass and chord buttons.
USB memory port and USB Computer port on board
The USB memory port allows you to easily store data such as User Program, and to upload new sounds, thanks to the USB Flash Memory. Moreover you can manage MP3 and WAV files using the optional USB Flash Memory. Their playback is a good educational application and can enhance live performances too. The USB computer port is dedicated to MIDI computer applications, such as sequencer software programs.
Faster response and higher sensitivity
Thanks to the optimized Roland sound generator for accordion performance, the FR-1xb will satisfy even the most demanding accordion player. Thanks to this new technology accordionists can feel perfectly at ease when playing their music especially once they have experienced the enhanced response of this instrument.
Set Editor software
A dedicated software program allows you to create a dedicated User Set for the FR-1xb with access to all Orchestra, Orchestra Bass and Orchestra Chord sounds. It is available on the Roland website as a free download. Thanks to the USB port, it's easy to load user sets into the FR-1xb.
- Right hand: 62 buttons velocity sensitive
- Left hand: 72 bass buttons velocity sensitive
- Treble modes: C Griff Europe, C Griff 2, B Griff Bajan, B Griff Fin, D Griff 1, D Griff 2
- Bass & Chord modes: 2 Bs Rows, 3 Bs Rows A-7th, 3 Bs Rows A-5dim, 3 Bs Rows B-7th, 3 Bs Rows B-5dim, 3 Bs Rows Bx-7th, 3 Bs Rows Belgium
- Free Bass modes: Minor 3rd (37 notes Eb-Eb), Bajan (37 notes D-D), Fifth (36 notes C-C), North Europe (37 notes D-C#), Finnish (37 notes D-D)
- Bellows: New pressure sensor for better sensitivity and Advanced Physical Behavior Modeling such as detection of bellows opening/closing, Bellows Resistant Regulator wheel with fine adjustment
- Bellows curve: Fixed Low, Fixed Med, Fixed High, X-Light, Light, Standard, Heavy, X-Heavy
- Max. polyphony: 128 voices
- Tones (Accordion Set): 16 Accordion Sets (including 4 User Sets), each one including: 14 Treble Registers, 7 Bass/Chord registers, 7 Free Bass registers, 7 Orchestra Free Bass registers, 7 Orchestra Bass registers, 7 Orchestra Chord registers
- Reed Footages: 7 Treble, 5 Bass, 3 Chord, 2 Free Bass
- Additional sounds: Uploadable from USB memory and saved on 4 User sets
- Orchestral sounds: Strings, JazzScat1, JazzDoos, Str&Choir, Twin Trump, Trombone, FrenchHorn, Brass, Flute1, Tenor Sax2, Clarinet, Oboe, Ac Piano, Ac Guitar, Mandolin, HarpsStr
- Organ sounds: Jazz Slow/Fast, Latin Slow/Fast, HousPerc Slow/Fast, Theatre Slow/Fast
- Orchestral Bass sounds: Acoustic, Fingered, Bowed, Jazz Pedal VTW, Tuba Mix, Tuba, Fretless
- Orchestral Chord sounds: Strings, JazzDoos, Jazz VTW, R&B VTW, Steel Gtr, Ac Guitar, Ac Piano
- Orchestral Free Bass sounds: Strings, JazzDoos, Jazz VTW, Clarinet, Ac Guitar, Ac Piano, Oboe
- Noises: Stopping-reed growl, Closing valve noise, Left button noise
- Individual Reed Simulation: Hysteresis threshold, Expression curve, Pressure variant filter, Pressure variant pitch deviation
- Switching Reed Sound WAV: By bellows acceleration, by note repetition speed
- Bellows opening/closing sound change: bellows opening/closing detection
- Micro-Tuning Presets: 16 Types: Off, Dry, Classic, F-Folk, American L/H, North Europe, German L/H, D-Folk L/H, Alpine, Italian L/H, French, Scottish
- Reverb/Chorus: 8 types
- Rotary for Organ sound: Slow/Fast
- Knob controls & Registers: Volume, 4x Treble/Orchestra/Organ + Set
- Other switches: Drum On/Off, Orchestra On/Off, Organ On/Off, Free Bass On/Off, Orchestra Bass On/Off, Orchestra Chord/Free Bass On/Off, User Programs On/Off, Wave/MP3 player: Reset/Stop, Play/Pause, Power
- User Programs: 8 memories
- Orchestra/Organ mode: Solo, Dual
- Octave: Down, 0, Up for Treble, Orchestra/Organ
- Metronome: On/Off
- Bass&Chord with drum/percussion sounds: On/Off for Bass/Orch Bass 2 rows, Chord/Orchestra Chord 4 rows
- Audio Player: MP3/WAV player from USB memory
- Bass to Treble mode: On/Off
- Display: 7 segments, 3 characters (LED)
- Rated Power Output: 7W x 2
- Speakers: 9cm x 2
- Wave Expansion: 2 internal areas (8MB each) to load new sounds
- Power supply: AC adaptor (included), Batteries (not included) AA-type rechargeable Ni-MH x 8
- Expected battery life under continuous use (with using Ni-MH 2000mAh batteries): 5-hours (speaker ON mode), 8-hours (speaker OFF mode)
- Onboard Connectors: OUTPUT jacks L/Mono (Treble), R/Mono (Bass): 1/4" phone type, PHONES jack: 1/4" phone type. MIDI OUT connector, USB MEMORY connector type A, USB COMPUTER connector type B, DC IN connector
- AC Adaptor
- Power cord (for connecting the AC adaptor)
- Owner's Manual
- Reference caps for the bass buttons
- Strip for securing the adapter
- MIDI and/or audio cables
Bigger doesn't always mean better. Order today!
- 380mm x 365mm x 195mm, 15" x 14-3/8" x 7-11/16"
- 6.4kg., 14lb., 2oz.