- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Washburn F-Style Mandolin Vintage
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L25233 000000000 L25233000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Washburn has been building mandolins since the late 1800s. Whether you're a bluegrass, Celtic or rock player, see how the addition of a mandolin can ...Click To Read More About This Product
Deeper for more volume and projection with a wider nut.
Washburn has been building mandolins since the late 1800s. Whether you're a bluegrass, Celtic or rock player, see how the addition of a mandolin can broaden your sonic pallet and add a new dimension to your music. For traditionalists, you'll find all the tone & projection you'd expect from our world class instruments.
The M118SW is a Florentine style mandolin and features a worn/used look as well as aged hardware, ebonite tuner buttons and a thinner satin finish for a broken in and well played feel. Only premium woods like solid flamed maple and solid spruce have been used in crafting this fine instrument.
The F-style body design on the M118SW is deeper than traditional instruments for more volume and projection and it has a wider nut, with wider string spacing to accommodate bigger fingers.
Lyon & Healy, Washburn’s parent company in the 19th century, was the first American manufacturer of mandolins and Washburn began making mandolins in 1887. The M118SW echos the trends in mandolin styles of the early 20th century and remains the popular style today.
- model: M118SWK
- series: bluegrass series
- shape: florentine
- body: n/a
- material: flame maple
- fretboard: ebony
- number of frets: 24 frets
- inlays: dots
- nut: bone
- nut width: 31 mm
- scale: 13.86 in.
- pickups: n/a
- hardware: distressed hardware
- bridge: ebony
- tuners: distressed open gear
- color: vintage natural
- finish: vintage matte
- strings: D'addario J73 light gauge mandolin strings
- case: MC93-case included
The tradition lives on. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.