- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Alvarez AGFM80CEAR Artist Elite Grand Auditorium Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L51622 000000000 L51622000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The AGFM80CEAR Artist Elite acoustic-electric guitar is a beautifully developed Grand Auditorium that delivers in terms of both of tone and looks. Th...Click To Read More About This Product
Clear and balanced, articulate voicing with a very musical tone
The AGFM80CEAR Artist Elite acoustic-electric guitar is a beautifully developed Grand Auditorium that delivers in terms of both of tone and looks. The minimal styling of this guitar really creates a classy vibe with the light blonde of the spruce and maple framed with ebony. Tonally, this guitar has a robust voice, with shimmering trebles, plenty of low end and an instant response. It also offers added functionality and comfort with its cutaway and slim-style bevel armrest, making the AGW77CEARSHB Artist Elite acoustic-electric guitar a not just a great looking instrument, but a versatile one as well.
Master luthiers around the world have been crafting bevel-edged armrest guitars for many years. The feature not only makes the guitar more comfortable to play, but also allows the maker to demonstrate their skill and craftsmanship in producing beautiful instruments.
Artist Elite Series
There are many wonderful guitars available, and some are every inch as beautiful as Artist Elite, but this stunning line of guitars is the culmination of years of R&D that allows Alvarez to produce custom-style instruments crafted from amazing tonewoods with a truly radiant vibe. Artist Elite guitars look amazing, sound rich and offer a level of fit and finish rarely attainable at such price points.
After 50 years of making guitars, continual improvement through the use of emerging technologies, processes, and materials is still at the heart of Alvarez culture. Alvarez guitars are constructed correctly in every sense, from raw material preparation to construction and manufacturing processes. Their tonewoods are carefully cured; components such as neck blocks and wood joints are carefully designed. The painting, sanding and polishing techniques used are continually researched and developed, and the tone is impeccably crafted and married to a stable, consistent and lively sound box.
The term “solid top” refers to the soundboard of an acoustic guitar being made of solid wood, rather than being laminated. However, just because the top is solid, it does not necessarily mean the sound automatically benefits from this feature. The tone of the instrument only improves significantly when the whole guitar is built correctly to optimize the energy a solid soundboard can generate. Artist Series Elite guitars are built to do exactly this.
Each model is designed to get the best out of its components, and for them to work together to produce balance, lively projection and great response. These components include bracing architecture that is specifically designed for each body shape or tonal requirement. Alvarez's bi-level bridge is designed to heighten string tension and improve sustain and response. Real bone nut and saddle, premium tonewoods and Alvarez's crafted attenuated finishes all further the quality of construction and positively impact the performance of the instrument.
- All-solid tonewood construction
- Ebony slim bevel armrest and binding
- ATR wood curing
- L.R. Baggs StagePro EQ and Element Pickup
- PPS synthetic bone bridge pins
- Abalone and mother-of-pearl inlays
- D’Addario EXP16 strings
Order this solid custom-style Alvarez today.
- Body type: Grand Auditorium
- Cutaway: Single
- Top wood: Solid AA Sitka spruce
- Back and sides: Solid flamed maple
- Bracing pattern: MST1 Tapered X bracing with asymmetric tone bars
- Body finish: Premium gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Info not available
- Nut width: 1.75" (44.45 mm)
- Fingerboard: Indian laurel
- Neck wood: Mahogany
- Scale length: 25.5"
- Number of frets: 21
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: Yes
- Brand: L.R. Baggs
- Configuration: Undersaddle pickup
- Preamp EQ: 3-band
- Feedback filter: Notch, Phase
- Tuner: Yes
- Headstock overlay: Not specified
- Tuning machines: Premium chrome
- Bridge: Indian laurel
- Saddle and nut: Real bone
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features:
- Case: Sold separately
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: China
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.