- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Alvarez CC7CE Cadiz Series Classical
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L66525 000000000 L66525000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
In developing this line of Classical guitars, Alvarez started in Andalucía, a beautiful southern province of Spain and the home of the Classical guit...Click To Read More About This Product
Versatile classical with exceptional tone and value.
In developing this line of Classical guitars, Alvarez started in Andalucía, a beautiful southern province of Spain and the home of the Classical guitar. Our aim was to learn more about the history, the music and construction of these amazing instruments before embarking on R&D. Alvarez luthiers started in the small hilltop town of Vejer de la Frontera, just south of the city of Cádiz. Alvarez luthiers met and worked with the local luthiers and players in the Cádiz area. Over the next several months, they studied four different construction styles and bracing systems and went to work building samples based on designs and guitars made in Spain.
The result is something very special: the CÁDIZ SERIES.
CÁDIZ offers responsive and engaging nylon string guitars of a quality and playability. Everything about them is considered and chosen. They are a new shape, different from Classicals Alvarez has made in the past. From a visual standpoint, they are slightly taller and slightly narrower. From a more subjective standpoint, and one that is agreed upon by the builders, the sellers and the customers alike, quite a bit more elegant. The soundbox is more lightly built, the tops are graduated, and each brace is custom cut and sanded with 4 varying widths.
The bracing design gives a slight nod to the Jose Ramirez III’s asymmetric architecture in that they both have a treble bar. This is to stiffen up the treble side of the top a little more, which creates round, bell-like trebles on the first three strings. The bass side of the top is kept light by using slightly thinner braces, which promotes an open, clear and strong bass response. In order to make the guitars as responsive as as possible, and to stay true to traditional design, the standard models have no truss rods. The necks are three-piece with a solid Ebony centre rod. This lends the strength and lightness the Alvarez designers needed. Ramirez and other great luthiers also influenced the designs when it came to choosing scale length. The CÁDIZ scale length is longer than the standard 650mm (25.6”) you will find on many classical guitars. At 660mm (26.”), this scale length raises the tension just a little and helps deliver more energy into the soundbox.
Other fine appointments include a dark Walnut back and sides and Acacia binding. AA Sitka tops are featured on all CÁDIZ models. Saddle and nut are real bone, rosettes are wood mosaic and bridges and fingerboards are Pau Ferro. Players of all styles and musical tastes in need of a great sounding and playable guitar, look no further. The sound is clear and balanced, with an articulate voicing and a very musical tone.
The CC7CE features a great electronic system, an LR Baggs StagePro EQ and Element Pick Up.
Well balanced and reliable. Order one soon.
- Body type: Concert/O
- Cutaway: Single
- Top wood: A+ Solid Sitka spruce
- Back & sides: Walnut
- Bracing pattern: Asymmetric fan w/treble bar
- Body finish: Natural
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Traditional cassical
- Nut width: 2.06 in. (52 mm)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood/Pau Ferro
- Neck wood: Mahogany
- Scale length: 25.5 in.
- Number of frets: 19
- Neck finish: Gloss
- Pickup/preamp: Yes
- Brand: L.R. Baggs
- Configuration: Undersaddle pickup
- Headstock overlay: Rosewood/Pau Ferro
- Tuning machines: Traditional with ebony
- Bridge: Rosewood Movable Mustache-style
- Saddle & nut: Bone
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Acacia binding
- Case: Sold separately
- Country of origin: China
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.