- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Alvarez CC7HCE CADIZ Series Nylon-String Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L59136 000000000 L59136000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
CÁDIZ offers responsive and engaging nylon string guitars of a quality and playability you’ll appreciate. Everything about them is considered and cho...Click To Read More About This Product
Walnut back and sides with a narrow neck.
CÁDIZ offers responsive and engaging nylon string guitars of a quality and playability you’ll appreciate. Everything about them is considered and chosen. They are a new shape, different to Classicals made in the past, slightly taller, slightly narrower, more elegant. The soundbox is more lightly built, the tops are graduated and each brace is custom cut and sanded with 4 varying widths in total.
The bracing design gives a slight nod to that of the Jose Ramirez III’s asymmetric architecture in the fact that these guitars have a treble bar. This is to stiffen up the treble side of the top a little more, which helps create very round, bell like trebles on the first three strings. The bass side of the top is light by using slightly thinner braces, which helps give the player very open, clear and strong bass response.
In order to make the guitars as responsive as possible, Alvarez had to keep them as light as they could in construction, while staying true to traditional design. So in the standard models there are no trussrods. The necks are three-piece and a solid Ebony centre rod gives them the strength and lightness they need. Hybrid models do have a trussrod to allow for relief to be adjusted on the radiused fingerboards. CÁDIZ models are also made with a Spanish heel neck joint.
Ramirez and other great luthiers also influenced Alvarez when it came to choosing the scale length. The CÁDIZ scale length is longer than the standard 650mm (25.6”) you will find on many classical guitars. At 660mm (26”) the scale length raises the tension just a little and helps deliver more energy into the soundbox to harness and shape.
Other fine appointments include the use of traditional Cypress wood for the Flamenco model back and sides, which is paired with ebony binding. These classical models are stunning with dark Walnut back and sides and Acacia binding. Alvarez use AA Sitka tops on all CÁDIZ models. Saddle and nut are real bone, rosettes are wood mosaic and bridges and fingerboards are Pau Ferro.
The CC7HCE features a great electronic system, an LR Baggs StagePro EQ and Element Pick Up.
Explore your nylon side. Order today.
- Body type: Classical
- Cutaway: Yes
- Top wood: Solid A+ Sitka Spruce
- Back & sides: Dark Walnut
- Bracing pattern: Asymmetric Fan with Treble Bar
- Body finish: Natural/Gloss
- Neck shape: Traditional
- Nut width: 1 7/8" (48mm)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood/Pau Ferro
- Neck wood: Mahogany
- Scale length: 25.98" (660mm)
- Number of frets: 22
- Neck finish: Semi Gloss
- Pickup/preamp: LR Baggs StagePro EQ and Element Pick Up
- Headstock overlay: Rosewood/Pau Ferro
- Tuning machines: Traditional w/Ebony Style Buttons
- Bridge: Rosewood/Pau Ferro
- Saddle & nut: Real Bone
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features: Acacia Binding, Neck meets body at 14th fret
- Case: Sold separately
- Accessories: No
- Country of origin: China
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.