Why Shop With Us?
Orders placed before 5 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
We're Here for You
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Alvarez GYM70CESHB Yairi Masterworks Grand Auditorium Acoustic/Electric Guitar Shadow Bursttrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
Alvarez GYM70CESHB Yairi Masterworks Grand Auditorium Acoustic/Electric Guitar Shadow Burst$2,699.00
- Free Shipping
- Top Rated
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
An acoustic/electric from Alvarez that looks just as impressive as its history.
Throughout his life, Yairi collected an incredible amount of tonewood, and while most of it is in or around the Alvarez factory, some was stored on a piece of land Yairi owned some miles away from the factory. On every trip to the Yairi factory in Kani, Gifu-Japan, the Alvarez team would go and see the wood, and it eventually became a ritual after lunch as most of the supply had darkened due to the elements of the environment.
One day, the Alvarez team suspected that Yairi may have had a supply of Honduran mahogany on his land, and so the team traveled there again. What they found was pure gold—perfectly conditioned billets of old growth Honduran mahogany that had been naturally seasoning for approximately 50 years.
This series of Alvarez guitars celebrates this tonewood and the Yairi’s lifelong commitment to his art.
In crafting this guitar, Alvarez paired the mahogany with AAAA Adirondack spruce, and an OM model is available in all-solid Honduran. Sonically, these models are incredibly full and powerful with huge, clear bass and mids. Additionally, the quality and seasoning of these woods help make this guitar very light in weight, which helps when it comes to tone. The stiffness of the Adirondack spruce helps in creating more energy, and when paired with the mahogany, generates a stunning warm and open voice with powerful, clear bass and middle frequencies.
The Alvarez GYM70CESHB also boasts custom, hand-cut FST2 bracing, which is a forward shifted X and the top is expertly tuned during the carving of this system. The one-piece mahogany neck has been spoke shaved by hand and the other appointments include Gotoh 510 tuners, bone saddle and nut, a flawless, thin poly finish and subtle Paua abalone and mother of pearl inlays.
- AAAA Adirondack spruce top on a mahogany body
- One-piece mahogany neck with an ebony fretboard
- Ebon direct coupled bridge, real bone nut and saddle
- Gold Gotoh 510 tuners with ebony buttons
- Hardshell case included
Create your sound with a guitar that's made history. Order today.
GYM70CESHB Yairi Masterworks Grand Auditorium Acoustic/Electric Guitar Specifications:Body
- Body Shape: Grand Auditorium
- Top: AAAA Adirondack spruce
- Back & Sides: Mahogany
- Bracing system: Hand-carved FST2, scalloped forward shifted X, asymmetric scalloped tone bars
- Neck type: One-piece
- Nut width: 1 23/32” (44mm)
- Neck wood: Mahogany
- Neck joint: Dovetail
- Scale length: 25.5” (648mm)
- Fingerboard: Ebony with 12th fret Paua inlay
- Inlays: Paua Abalone and Mother of Pearl
- Tuners: Gotoh 510’s, gold with ebony buttons
- Bridge: Ebony direct coupled
- Bridge Pins: Ebony
- Saddle & nut: Real bone
- Headstock Plate: Ebony
- Case: Alvarez DC1 Deluxe hardshell
- Binding: Ivoroid
- Strings: D’Addario EXP16
- Orders placed before 5 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.