- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Alvarez WY1TS Yairi Stage OM/Folk Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J10224 000001000 J10224000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
A wonderful performance guitar or just for playing for pleasure, the Alvarez Yairi WY1, from the Bob Weir Series AC/EL Folk line, is a medium-depth a...Click To Read More About This Product
Gloss finish acoustic-electric with cedar top.
A wonderful performance guitar or just for playing for pleasure, the Alvarez Yairi WY1, from the Bob Weir Series AC/EL Folk line, is a medium-depth acoustic guitar with a single cutaway and select tonewoods, most notably a select AA Western red cedar top. The grain on these tops is very close and even, and in concert with the rosewood back and sides, the overall appearance of this instrument is striking. Gloss finish with tobacco sunburst.
The top is bound in ivoroid and features a double circle rosette around the centered sound hole. The neck is made of mahogany and is attached to the body with a dovetail joint set at the 14th fret. As soon as you lift this guitar out of the wood frame case it comes with, its quality is evident. The detail, the balance and the stunning beauty of the woods instills a great sense of appreciation for the workmanship and design. It features side dots for player orientation, and a lovely custom inlay at the 12th fret. It is comfortable to wear and sounds great acoustically.
The onboard L.R. Baggs Stagepro Element is a side-mounted preamp/EQ that offers battery access and a full chromatic tuner that is hidden beneath the control panel to maintain a clean, classy look. The three-band EQ with phase inversion and Garrett Null notch filter controls deliver warm, pristine sound even under the most challenging conditions. The system includes the Element pickup and pre-wired strapjack.
Order today. A dream guitar for the performer.
- Body type: Folk
- Cutaway: Single cutaway
- Top wood: Solid AA Western red cedar
- Back & sides: Rosewood
- Bracing pattern: FST2M - Forward shifted scalloped X
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: C
- Nut width: 1.74 in. (44 mm)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Neck wood: Mahogany
- Scale length: 25 in.
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Semi-gloss
- Pickup/preamp: Yes
- Brand: L.R. Baggs
- Configuration: Sidemounted
- Preamp EQ: 3-band
- Feedback filter: Notch, Phase
- Tuner: Yes
- Headstock overlay: Rosewood
- Tuning machines: Gold
- Bridge: Rosewood
- Saddle & nut: Real Bone
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Tonewoods
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: Warranty card, adjustment tools
- Country of origin: Japan
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.