- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Alvarez Yairi FYM60HD Masterworks OM Adirondack Acoustic Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L26700 000001000 L26700000001000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
This Yairi FYM60HD OM Adirondack Masterworks acoustic is an incredibly lively guitar with a rich and powerful voice for its size. The OM body sh...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Crafted from seasoned Honduran mahogany (at least 40 years) for a lightweight instrument with an open, warm voice.
This Yairi FYM60HD OM Adirondack Masterworks acoustic is an incredibly lively guitar with a rich and powerful voice for its size. The OM body shape, made with such great tonewood, delivers almost perfect balance and immediate response. The guitar itself is very light in weight due to the quality of the wood and thin finish. You feel it resonating as it instantly responds to your fingers' requests. Its projection is open and its volume is excellent. Being a Yairi, the FYM60HD Masterworks OM acoustic's intonation is incredible and the all-around spec of the guitar is of the highest level, with amazing Gotoh 510 tuners and ebony bridge, fingerboard and headstock veneer.
How They Came To Be
This magical line of guitars came about, almost by accident, as Alvarez were detailing the specs of a guitar for a wonderful player named Jack Pearson. It was thought that Adirondack spruce paired with Honduran mahogany would be the best combination needed for Jack’s tonal requests. Mr. Yairi amassed an incredible amount of tonewood throughout his life and although most is in or around the factory, some was stored on a piece of land he owned some miles away. The Alvarez team would go and see the wood on every trip to Kani, it became a ritual after lunch, but because most of the supply had darkened due to the elements Alvarez were never sure what all of it was. Looking back now, Mr. Yairi may have been thinking, "One day they will realise what is in here."
Well that day came. Suspecting that Mr. Yairi had a supply of Honduran mahogany on his piece of land Alvarez travelled there again, and what they found in terms of tonewood was pure gold; Perfectly conditioned billets of old growth Honduran mahogany that had been naturally seasoning for around 50 years.
Had Alvarez's team not discussed Honduran for Jack’s guitar they may have never discovered such a treasure. This series celebrates this amazing wood, arguably the best tonewood of all, and it also celebrates Mr. Yairi’s lifelong (and beyond) commitment to his art.
The mahogany has been paired with AAAA Adirondack spruce, and an OM model is available in all solid Honduran. Sonically they’re incredibly full and powerful with huge clear bass and mids. They’re almost intuitive in the way they respond, and captivating in the way they draw the player in and take them away. You will lose hours in your day playing one of these amazing instruments.
Honduran Series are some of the best guitars Alvarez-Yairi have ever made and offer incredible value for such highly specified, inspiring handmade instruments.
- Solid AAAA Adirondack spruce top with solid, vintage Honduran mahoganyOne-piece mahogany neckDovetail with extended neck jointEbony direct coupled bridgePaua abalone and mother-of-pearl inlaysIvoroid bindingEbony bridge pinsD’Addario EXP16 strings
Grab this beauty today with a quick click or call. Order now.
- Body type: OM
- Cutaway: No
- Top wood: Solid AAAA Adirondack spruce
- Back and sides: Solid Vintage Honduran mahogany
- Bracing pattern: Hand-carved FST2, scalloped forward shifted X with asymmetric scalloped tone bars
- Body finish: Gloss Natural
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Not specified
- Nut width: 1.73" (44 mm)
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Neck wood: Mahogany
- Scale length: 25"
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: 50/50 semi-gloss finish
- Pickup/preamp: No
- Brand: Not applicable
- Configuration: Not applicable
- Preamp EQ: Not applicable
- Feedback filter: Not applicable
- Tuner: Not applicable
- Headstock overlay: Ebony
- Tuning machines: Gotoh 510s, gold with ebony buttons
- Bridge: Ebony
- Saddle and nut: Real bone
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features:
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: Japan
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.