- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Caparison Guitars TAT Special 7 FM 7-String Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- #J52269 000001000 J52269000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The pinnacle of Caparison design is the now-legendary TAT Special. Its foundations were laid in 1995 with a 24-fret sample model and since then it’s ...Click To Read More About This Product
Ultimate comfort and legendary playability finely crafted in Japan.
The pinnacle of Caparison design is the now-legendary TAT Special. Its foundations were laid in 1995 with a 24-fret sample model and since then it’s continued to flourish and evolve into the technically sophisticated, elite instrument it is today.
Its beautifully unique body structure, the Caparison Tat curve top, is an asymmetrical 27-fret design with an arched body top, resulting in a more comfortable, complimentary playing experience beyond the 12th fret.
The ingenious evolutionary construction continues with the use of Flame Maple Top/MahoganyBack material for both sides, creating the lasting sustain of a sound that, due to its oiled-finish, luxury 5 piece Maple Walnut through-neck has lasting strength, stability and unquestionable quality.
The PH-R bridge pickup is a fundamental characteristic of a TAT-Special 7 that’s combined with the Caparison “SH-27F” neck pick-up, obtaining an amazing clarity of sound that can be perfectly governed by Caparison’s unique Rotary Switch Mode. Simple and practical, this pickup selector is an option that gives you a rich supply of tones that makes this guitar as versatile as it is beautiful, splitting coils and going from series to parallel. Includes hardshell case.
- Body shape: Double cutaway
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood: 6A Flame Maple
- Body wood: Mahogany
- Body finish: Matte
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Caparison
- Neck wood: 5-piece Maple/walnut
- Joint: Neck-through
- Scale length: 25.5 in.
- Truss rod: Standard
- Neck finish: Oiled
- Material: Ebony
- Radius: Compound
- Fret size: Jumbo
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: Clock
- Nut width: 1.93 in. (49 mm)
- Configuration: HS
- Neck: PH7-n
- Middle: Not applicable
- Bridge: PH7-b
- Brand: Caparison
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Series or parallel: Series
- Piezo: No
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics: None
- Control layout: Master volume
- Pickup switch: 3-way 4-way rotary
- Coil tap or split: No
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Tremolo/Vibrato
- Bridge design: Floyd Rose original
- Tailpiece: Not applicable
- Tuning machines: Gotoh
- Color: Black
- Number of strings: 7-string
- Special features: Electronics
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: Japan
Own this masterpiece. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.