- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Cordoba C9 CD/MH Acoustic Nylon String Classical Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- 583152 000010000 583152000010000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
One of the original models in Cordobas Luthier series, the Cordoba C9 is built with the choice of a solid Canadian cedar top or solid European spruce...Click To Read More About This Product
Handmade tradition, using some of the finest tonewoods in the world.
One of the original models in Cordobas Luthier series, the Cordoba C9 is built with the choice of a solid Canadian cedar top or solid European spruce top with solid mahogany back and sides. The C9 features a fan bracing pattern, which gives the center of the soundboard more surface area to vibrate and respond to the tension of the strings. A more responsive soundboard makes the guitar louder, and provides better tone. The C9 is the perfect choice for the serious classical guitarist, or for any player looking to upgrade to a concert-level instrument at an affordable price.
Like every guitar in the Luthier series, the C9 is built with Spanish heel construction, where the top of the guitar is attached to the neck, the sides are added next, and the guitars body is sealed by the installation of the back. This construction feature allows the entire instrument to vibrate as one unified piece. The C9 has the neck shape and flat fingerboard characteristic of traditional classical guitars, and includes the added benefit of a two-way truss rod built into the neck. Cordoba recently expanded upon the C9, offering two new options that appeal to guitarists from all backgrounds: the C9 Parlor, which has a 7/8 size body shape and 50mm nut width, and the C9 Crossover, which is a full size guitar with a slim neck profile, radiused fingerboard, and 48mm nut width.
Aesthetic touches like the mother-of-pearl weave rosette inspired by a 1920s Domingo Esteso guitar add a touch of vintage elegance to this best-seller. Other premium features include an rosewood fingerboard, rosewood bridge, high gloss finish, and Savarez Cristal Corum strings. The C9 includes Cordobas lightweight polyfoam case.
- Top: Solid Canadian ceder
- Back & Sides: Solid mahogany
- Binding/Bridge: Indian rosewood binding / Indian rosewood bridge
- Purfling/Inlay: 6 ply colored wood top purfling, 3 ply maple and ebony back and side purfling
- Rosette: Mother-of-Pearl and ebony "Esteso" weave
- Finish: High Gloss PU
- Neck/Fingerboard: Mahogany neck / Rosewood fingerboard
- Truss Rod: Two-way adjustable, 4mm
- Scale Length: 650mm (25.6")
- Nut Width: 52mm (2.04")
- String Spacing at Saddle: 59mm
- Fret Marker Inlays: Mother-of-Pearl at 5, 7, 9
- Nut/Saddle: Bone
- Number of Frets: 12 to body, 19 total
- Bracing/Build: Spanish fan bracing
- Body Width & Length: 290mm (11.4") at upper bout, 370mm (14.6") at lower bout
- Overall Length: 39"
- Body Depth: 95mm (3.7") at upper bout, 97mm (3.8") at lower bout
- Tuning Machines: Cordoba Premium Gold Tuning Machines
- Strings: Savarez Cristal Corum High Tension 500CJ
- Case: Cordoba Polyfoam Case
Completely handmade with comfortable action and warm, resonant tone. Order yours today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.