- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Epiphone Flying V Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L72548 000001000 L72548000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
When it was first introduced in 1958, the Flying V added a radical, futuristic design to Gibson's line of guitars. Now, Epiphone has recreated this l...Click To Read More About This Product
Solidbody Flying V Electric Guitar with Mahogany Body, Mahogany SlimTaper Neck, Indian Laurel Fingerboard and 2 ProBucker Humbucking Pickups with CTS Pots
When it was first introduced in 1958, the Flying V added a radical, futuristic design to Gibson's line of guitars. Now, Epiphone has recreated this legendary classic and Musician's Friend couldn't be more excited about the new Epiphone Flying V. As part of Epiphone's new Inspired by Gibson Collection, the Epiphone Flying V is packed with a pair of ProBucker humbuckers with CTS electronics, a Flying V string-thru tailpiece and Epiphone Vintage Deluxe tuners. With a fast-playing SlimTaper neck construction and cutaway on both sides, this guitar will have you ready for any stage.
Iconic Flying V DesignMusician’s Friend customers who were fans of the original Flying V will be sure to enjoy the Epiphone Flying V. Its mahogany construction gives it a rich midrange and sustain. With cutaways on both sides, you’ll get unrestricted access to each fret. Additionally, its SlimTaper C-profile neck will ensure you can fly as fast you’d like up and down the Indian laurel fretboard on this Epiphone Flying V.
Powerful ProBuckersEpiphone ProBuckers have become one of the most talked about pickups in the industry. We at Musician’s Friend think the Epiphone ProBuckers are the real deal. They’re made with 18 percent nickel silver unit bases and covers—the same alloy used by Gibson at the Kalamazoo factory when the humbucker was first invented. The use of nickel silver works to reduce the occurrence of eddy currents due to low conductivity. It also provides a more transparent and crisp output.
Premium HardwareThe Epiphone Flying V is also equipped with a LockTone tune-o-matic bridge and string-thru tailpiece that guarantees longer sustain and better tone. Additionally, the Epiphone Vintage Deluxe 18:1 ratio provides you with the most precise tuning capabilities.
Inspired by a 1958 RarityThough it’s inspired by a Gibson classic, the Epiphone Flying V is built for the modern player. With high-quality and upgraded electronics, premium hardware and distinctive look, this Inspired by Gibson Collection guitar will have you sounding like the rock icons that once inspired you.
- A gloss-finished all-mahogany body for a warm and resonant tone
- 24.75" SlimTaper C-profile mahogany neck for smooth and fast playability, 22-fret Indian laurel fretboard for even more vibrant tones
- Two Epiphone ProBucker humbucking pickups with CTS electronics that deliver the power and punch you crave
- LockTone tune-o-matic bridge, Flying V string-thru tailpiece and Epiphone Deluxe Vintage machine heads with 18:1 ratio for all your tuning stability needs
Take your sound to new heights with this Epiphone SG Custom. Order today.
- Body shape: Flying V
- Material: Mahogany
- Finish: Gloss
- Neck shape: SlimTaper C-profile
- Neck wood: Mahogany
- Joint: Set-in
- Scale length: 24.75"
- Material: Indian laurel
- Radius: 12"
- Fret size: Medium-jumbo
- Number of frets: 22
- Nut width/material: 1.69"/Graph Tech
- Configuration: HH
- Neck: ProBucker-2
- Bridge: ProBucker-3
- Control layout: 2 volume, 1 tone
- Special electronics: CTS electronics
- Bridge: LockTone tune-o-matic
- Tailpiece: Flying V string-thru V
- Tuning machines: Epiphone Vintage Deluxe 18:1 ratio
- Color: Nickel
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.