Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT(12/9 only) 6 AM - 7 PM PT
SUN(12/10 only) 6 AM - 6PM PT
Epiphone Les Paul Standard '50s Electric Guitar Metallic Goldtrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
Style: Metallic Gold
- Free Shipping
- Top Rated
- Top Seller
- Flexible Financing
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Solidbody Electric Guitar with Mahogany Body, AAA Maple Top, Indian Laurel Fretboard and 2 Humbucker Pickups
The Epiphone Les Paul Standard '50s harkens back to the golden era of rock music with its authentic design and old-school sound. This electric guitar has the same solid mahogany body and arched flame maple top that made the Les Paul a legend among guitarists in the 1950s and '60s. Its '50s rounded-C neck profile gives you the feel of playing a well-worn classic. With ProBucker pickups and period-correct electronics, the Epiphone Les Paul Standard '50s delivers those warm, singing tones that defined the early days of rock. Whether you want to play searing blues solos or crunchy classic rock riffs, this guitar provides the resonant sustain and dynamic response you need.
Jam Out With ProBucker Pickups and '50s Wiring
The Epiphone Les Paul Standard '50s comes equipped with ProBucker humbucking pickups wound to vintage specs for authentic PAF-style tone. The ProBucker 1 in the neck position has a smooth, singing voice that's perfect for blues and jazz. The ProBucker 2 bridge pickup packs plenty of midrange punch for aggressive rhythm work. Both pickups feature nickel-plated pole pieces and alnico II magnets just like the original PAF humbuckers found on Gibson Les Pauls from the late '50s. The Epiphone Les Paul Standard '50s also has traditional '50s wiring for that warmer, rounder sound. The volume and tone knobs are push/pull pots that allow you to split the pickups for single-coil tones. Dial in anything from warm jazz to raunchy classic rock.
Sustain for Days With a Resonant Mahogany/Maple Body
The Epiphone Les Paul Standard '50s has a body made from solid mahogany with a carved AAA flame maple top, just like the '50s Les Pauls played by guitar heroes like Slash and Jimmy Page. The mahogany provides a rich, deep tone with plenty of warmth and resonance. The maple top accentuates the treble and adds sustain. Together, these tonewoods give you singing sustain for soloing as well as thick crunch for rhythm playing. The gloss finish looks spectacular under stage lighting. Weighing just 8.82 pounds, the Epiphone Les Paul Standard '50s is comfortable to wear on long gigs.
Rock-Solid Intonation and Tuning Stability
The Epiphone Les Paul Standard '50s features a LockTone tune-o-matic bridge and stopbar tailpiece for excellent intonation and sustain, while the vintage-style tuners provide tuning stability. The 24.75" scale mahogany neck has a smooth Indian laurel fingerboard with trapezoid inlays. With its comfortable rounded-C profile, fast 12" radius and 22 medium jumbo frets, this neck plays like a dream. Whether you're bending strings or shredding lightning-fast solos, the Epiphone Les Paul Standard '50s offers incredible playability.
- Mahogany body with AAA flame maple top for increased high-end pop
- Mahogany neck with long tenon for stability and increased sustain
- '59 Rounded medium C-shape profile that is substantial but not unwieldy, 22-fret Indian laurel fretboard with 12" radius for bending ease4
- 2 Epiphone ProBucker pickups with 3-way selector and dual volume and tone controls for a vast array of sounds
- Lock Tone stop bar tailpiece and ABR-1 bridge for increased sustain, Epiphone Vintage Deluxe tuners, Graph Tech nut for a harmonically rich and balanced tone
A Les Paul Standard with '50s specs. Order today.
Les Paul Standard '50s Electric Guitar Specifications:Body
- Body Type: Single Cutaway, Solid Body
- Top wood: AAA Flame Maple
- Body wood: Mahogany
- Neck shape: Rounded C
- Neck wood: Mahogany
- Joint: Set-in
- Scale length: 24.75"
- Material: Indian laurel
- Radius: 12"
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: Pearloid Trapezoid
- Nut width/material: 1.69" (43 mm), GraphTech
- Configuration: HH
- Neck: Proprietary Humbucker
- Bridge: Proprietary Humbucker
- Control layout: Individual volume, Individual tone
- Bridge type: Fixed Bridge
- Bridge design: Individual saddle
- Tailpiece: Stopbar
- Tuning machines: High-ratio Vintage-style
- Color: Nickel
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Orientation: Right handed
- Case: Sold separately
- Country of origin: China
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.