- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Epiphone Limited Edition Joe Bonamassa 1958 "Amos" Korina Flying V Electric Guitar Outfit
- Write a Review
- K46891 000001000 K46891000001000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Epiphone Ltd. Ed. Joe Bonamassa 1958 "Amos" Korina Flying-V Outfit is Bonamassa’s fifth custom Epiphone signature model and honors one of his mos...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
With Epiphone ProBucker pickups, CTS electronics, and a '50s-style hard case.
The Epiphone Ltd. Ed. Joe Bonamassa 1958 "Amos" Korina Flying-V Outfit is Bonamassa’s fifth custom Epiphone signature model and honors one of his most cherished vintage guitars, the rare “Amos” Flying V, one of the first of only 91 Flying Vs produced in 1958. Featuring Epiphone ProBucker pickups, CTS electronics, a LockTone ABR-1 Tune-o-matic bridge, and a '50s style Flying-V case along with a hand-signed certificate of authenticity.
The “Amos” Flying V
Joe Bonamassa is not only one of the greatest guitarists of his generation, but is also recognized as one of the most knowledgeable collectors of vintage guitars. The new Ltd. Ed. 1958 “Amos” Korina Flying-V Outfit is based on Bonamassa’s priceless original Flying-V first purchased by Arthur Amos’s music store in Indianapolis, Indiana in 1958. Bonamassa worked closely with Epiphone’s luthiers in Nashville to ensure that every detail of the original was reproduced accurately.
Tone Rich Korina Body
The new Epiphone Ltd. Ed. 1958 “Amos” has a body and neck made from tone rich Korina (African Limba) wood and has a Rounded C-1958 neck profile measured from Bonamassa’s original vintage guitar. The 5-layer black and white pickguard is also cut to the same specs as his vintage Flying-V. The neck is glued to the body with a deep-set neck joint and has a FSC Certified Blackwood fretboard with a 24.75 in. scale, 22 medium jumbo frets, and a 12 in. radius. The neck has an adjustable truss rod with a gold plated “Amos Arthur” engraving on the cover. The headstock has the classic Flying-V profile with a raised "Epiphone" logo.
Epiphone “PAF”-inspired ProBucker Pickups
Joe Bonamassa is a big fan of Epiphone’s critically acclaimed ProBucker pickups, which accurately re-create the tone of first generation humbuckers found in late '50s Les Pauls, 335s, and Flying-Vs. ProBucker pickups feature the same components and materials as vintage humbuckers including sand cast Alnico II magnets, 18% Nickel Silver unit bases and covers, and high quality 4 conductor lead wire. Each ProBucker humbucker pickup is also vacuum wax potted to eliminate microphonics. Controls include a Switchcraft 3- way pickup selector with an Amber toggle cap and volume controls for the bridge and neck along with a master tone. All controls have CTS potentiometers and Black “Top Hat” Knobs.
Classic Flying V Hardware
The Ltd. Ed. 1958 "Amos" Korina Flying-V comes with period correct gold hardware including a 1958-style "V" metal plate tailpiece mounted with Escutcheon nails along with a LockTone ABR-1 Tune-o-matic bridge. A late '50s period correct hard case is included along with a Certificate of Authenticity hand-signed by Joe Bonamassa in a presentation binder.
- Based on Joe’s 1958 rare Flying V with Korina Body, '50s-style hardware
- Critically acclaimed “PAF” style ProBucker Humbuckers
- CTSTM Electronics and LockTone ABR-1 Tune-o-matic
- Hand-signed certificate of authenticity and '50s style hard case
Grab this special recreation of Joe's favorite guitar. Order today.
- Body shape: V
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood: Not applicable
- Body wood: Korina
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Rounded C '58
- Neck wood: Korina
- Joint: Set-in
- Scale length: 24.75 in.
- Truss rod: Standard
- Neck finish: Gloss
- Material: Blackwood
- Radius: 12 in.
- Fret size: Medium jumbo
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut width: 1.68 in. (42.67 mm)
- Configuration: HH
- Neck: ProBucker-2
- Middle: Not applicable
- Bridge: ProBucker-3
- Brand: Epiphone
- Active or passive pickups: Active
- Series or parallel: Series
- Piezo: No
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics: None
- Control layout: Volume 1, volume 2, master tone
- Pickup switch: 3-way
- Coil tap or split: No
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: ABR-1
- Tailpiece: Stopbar
- Tuning machines: Deluxe with tulip
- Color: Gold
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Signature model, Limited edition
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: Hand-signed certificate of authenticity
- Country of origin: China
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.