Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Epiphone Limited Edition SG Special-I Electric Guitar Pelham Bluetrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
Style: Pelham Blue
Epiphone Limited Edition SG Special-I Electric Guitar Pelham Blue$179.00
- Free Shipping
- Top Rated
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Featuring Epiphone ceramic open-coil humbuckers.
The Ltd. Ed. SG Special-1 joins the fan-favorite Special-1 Series designed to bring superior sound and historic Epiphone-style to players just starting out, as well as to veterans who want a “workhorse” guitar to take on the road that’s lightweight but makes no compromise in electronics and hardware.
The “SG” profile is one of the most recognized in rock and roll. First introduced in the early 1960s, “SG” guitars have been the driving force behind heavy metal, hard rock, jam bands and British rock. And now with the Ltd. Ed. SG-Special-I, Epiphone fans around the world can enjoy owning and playing a real Epiphone “SG” at a great price.
The Ltd. Ed. SG Special-1 has a mahogany body cut to the historic SG profile and a bolt-on mahogany neck featuring the same SlimTaper profile enjoyed by owners of iconic Epiphones like the Les Paul Standard and the Casino. The mahogany neck's fingerboard has 22 easy-to-press medium-jumbo frets with pearloid dot inlays, just like vintage SGs. Even though new players might favor the Ltd. Ed. SG Special-1, this SG boasts many of the same specifications found on all SGs, including a 1.68” nut and 24.75” scale length.
This Ltd. Ed. SG Special-1 is powered by an Epiphone Ceramic 700TTM open-coil humbucker in the bridge or lead position and an Epiphone Ceramic 650RTM open-coil humbucker in the neck or rhythm position. Ceramic pickups have been a favorite of hard rock and metal players for decades. Ceramic magnets became more readily available in the late 60s and early 70s just as guitar players were incorporating overdrive and distortion into their sound. Ceramic pickups have a sharp, articulate and saturated tone that’s a perfect compliment to the SG Special-1’s mahogany body. Pickup selection is made via a standard 3-way pickup selector, and controls include Master Volume and Master Tone, both with classic Black “Speed” knobs.
The Ltd. Ed. SG-Special I has Epiphone’s world-renown rock-solid hardware, including a heavy-duty 1/4” jack, easy-turning machine heads with a pro 15:1 tuning ratio, and a classic wrap-around bridge and tailpiece compensated for reliable intonation.
- Body shape: Double cutaway
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood: Not applicable
- Body wood: Mahogany
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: '60s SlimTaper D
- Neck wood: Mahogany
- Joint: Set-in
- Scale length: 24.75 in.
- Truss rod: Standard
- Neck finish: Gloss
- Material: Other
- Radius: 12 in.
- Fret size: Medium
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut width: 1.68 in. (42.67 mm)
- Configuration: HH
- Neck: 650R
- Middle: Not applicable
- Bridge: 700T
- Brand: Epiphone
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Series or parallel: Series
- Piezo: No
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics: None
- Control layout: Master volume, tone
- Pickup switch: 3-way
- Coil tap or split: No
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: Wraparound
- Tailpiece: Not applicable
- Tuning machines: Deluxe sealed
- Color: Chrome
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Body finish
- Case: Sold separately, limited edition
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: China
It's all there at a great price. Order today.
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.