- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Epiphone SG Modern Figured Solidbody Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L73358 000001000 L73358000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Though it takes its inspiration from a classic Gibson model, the Epiphone SG Modern Figured—like its name—is designed for the modern player with upgr...Click To Read More About This Product
Electric Guitar with Mahogany Body, Mahogany Asymmetrical SlimTaper Neck with Contoured Heel, Ebony Fingerboard and 2 Epiphone ProBuckers with CTS Pots
Though it takes its inspiration from a classic Gibson model, the Epiphone SG Modern Figured—like its name—is designed for the modern player with upgraded features and a unique AAA flame maple top. If you like a fast-playing electric guitar powered by a pair of Epiphone ProBuckers and built for performance, like we do at Musician’s Friend, then the Epiphone SG Modern Figured is for you. Featuring a classic all-mahogany body and highly playable asymmetrical SlimTaper neck profile with a contoured heel, the Epiphone SG Modern Figured will have you playing all night long.
Musician’s Friend customers who are fans of the classic all-mahogany body construction of a Gibson SG will enjoy the fiery new take on the Epiphone SG Modern Figured. Maintaining its all-mahogany construction, the Epiphone SG Modern Figured adds a AAA flame maple top with a gloss finish that brings out the flame. This guitar may look like a hard-hitter, but it’s supremely comfortable to play. Its asymmetrical SlimTaper shape produces a neck that’s fast and pliable in the hand, but comfortable at the same time. You can say goodbye to that strain and cramping that often comes from frequent and heavy play. Additionally, the contoured heel joint gives you total access to the upper frets.
A Classic SG with a Modern Flame
Epiphone ProBuckers have become one of the most talked about pickups in the industry. We at Musician’s Friend think the Epiphone ProBuckers are the real deal. They’re made with 18 percent nickel silver unit bases and covers—the same alloy used by Gibson at the Kalamazoo factory when the humbucker was first invented. The use of nickel silver works to reduce the occurrence of eddy currents due to low conductivity. It also provides a more transparent and crisp output. These ProBuckers are also powered with coil-splitting, phase switching and CTS electronics.
Powerful Epiphone ProBuckers
The Epiphone SG Modern Figured comes packaged with a LockTone ABR bridge, stopbar tailpiece and Grover Locking Rotomatic tuners with an 18:1 ratio for the most precise tuning capabilities. The tuners are capped off with tulip buttons for an extra sleek finish. Additionally, the Epiphone SG Modern Figured features a Graph Tech nut for a rich tone and sustain, pearl trapezoid inlays to match its ebony fingerboard and medium-jumbo frets.
Though its iconic contoured body shape takes inspiration from a Gibson classic, the Epiphone SG Modern Figured is built for the futuristic player. With high-quality and upgraded electronics, vintage-style hardware and distinctive look, this Inspired by Gibson Collection guitar will have you sounding like the rock icons that once inspired you, and who also played this axe.
Inspired by a Gibson Classic
- Mahogany body for a warm and resonant tone with a unique AAA flame maple top and a gloss finish
- 24.72" asymmetrical SlimTaper neck with contoured heel for fast and comfortable play, 24-fret, 12" radius ebony fretboard for added attack
- Dual Epiphone ProBuckers with coil-splitting, phase-switching and CTS electronics that deliver the power and punch you crave
- LockTone ABR bridge, stopbar tailpiece and Grover Locking Rotomatic tuners with 18:1 ratio for all your tuning stability needs
A striking flame maple top graces this modern SG. Order today.
- Body type: SG
- Top wood: AAA flame maple
- Body wood: Mahogany
- Body finish: Gloss
- Neck shape: Asymmetrical SlimTaper with contoured heel
- Neck wood: Mahogany
- Joint: Set-in
- Scale length: 24.72"
- Truss rod: Adjustable
- Material: Mahogany
- Radius: 12"
- Fret size: Medium-jumbo
- Number of frets: 24
- Inlays: Trapezoid
- Nut material: Graph Tech
- Configuration: HH
- Neck: ProBucker-2 humbucker
- Bridge: ProBucker-3 humbucker
- Control layout: 2 volume, 2 tone
- Pickup switch: 3-way Epiphone toggle
- Special electronics: Coil-split, phase switch, CTS electronics
- Number of strings: 6
- Orientation: Right-handed
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.