- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Ernie Ball Music Man John Petrucci Majesty Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- Product J05510
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Featuring laser-etched maple that's finished to resemble carbon fiber, the Majesty guitar boasts a super-lightweight body with unparalleled fret acce...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
John Petrucci says he's proud of this guitar that has everyone talking.
Featuring laser-etched maple that's finished to resemble carbon fiber, the Majesty guitar boasts a super-lightweight body with unparalleled fret access, DiMarzio voicing and an ebony fretboard with the Majesty logo (for Dream Theater's original moniker) above the first fret. Music Man's Majesty guitar was a hot topic leading up to the 2014 NAMM Show.
The Majesty comes with Music Man's Game Changer technology, which is used to enhance the switching speed of the 3-way and the piezo to HH switch. True to form, the audio signal is never digitized or modeled in any way, providing a transparent analog signal path for the absolute purist.
"The Majesty guitar symbolizes the very reason why I am so proud to be a Music Man artist. I had the idea for this guitar a couple of years ago but it is because of their innovative spirit and dedication to the art of guitar building that it is now a reality.
I wanted to push the boundaries of sound, feel, design, ergonomics and esthetics and from day one Sterling and the Music Man engineering team were completely on board and committed to the project. It's all about asking the right questions; 'How can we make this guitar sound and look better, feel lighter and easier to play?' 'How can we make access to the upper frets even easier, make the guitar an even more versatile creative tool while designing a modern, sleek and beautifully crafted musical instrument?'
Those questions were pondered and answered by head engineer on the project, Drew Montell and tested, tried and questioned again and again by myself Sterling and Dudley over the past 2+ years. Things that we learned and loved about my previous JP signature models were carried over such as the fast neck contour, fretboard radius and stainless steel frets while new additions such as the Game Changer circuit were added to make the Majesty even more incredible.
The preamp and volume boost from the JP13 that I absolutely love was also kept onboard along with my signature DiMarzio 'Illuminator' pickups while a complete change to the body design and the incredibly creative "Maple-Carbon-Fiber" laser etched top was added as a really slick aesthetic touch.
Lastly, the mirrored 1st fret Dream Theater 'Majesty' logo and beautiful pearlescent frozen paint make the guitar look like its ready to be wielded on the battlefield. Truth is, I can't put the Majesty down! I am so grateful that I am able to collaborate with the best guitar company on the planet and so incredibly proud that together we have created what is to me, the perfect musical instrument for guitar players. I really hope you get a chance to play one and am confident that you will feel the same!"
- John Petrucci
- Body shape: Double cutaway
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood: Maple
- Body wood: Basswood
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: John Petrucci
- Neck wood: Mahogany
- Joint: Neck-through
- Scale length: 25.5"
- Truss rod: Standard
- Neck finish: Gloss
- Material: Ebony
- Radius: 17"
- Fret size: Medium jumbo Stainless steel
- Number of frets: 24
- Inlays: Custom JP
- Nut width: 1.875" (47.62mm)
- Configuration: HH
- Neck: Illuminator
- Middle: Not applicable
- Bridge: Illuminator
- Brand: DiMarzio
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Series or parallel: Series
- Piezo: Yes
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics: Push/push volume boost, 500kohm push/push passive tone for custom 2 pickup configurations
- Control layout: Master volume, tone, piezo volume
- Pickup switch: 3-way, and 3-way (piezo/magnetic)
- Coil tap or split: No
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Tremolo/Vibrato
- Bridge design: Piezo floating tremolo
- Tailpiece: Not applicable
- Tuning machines: Schaller locking
- Color: Black
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Body finish
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: United States
Hear for yourself the majestic tones of this amazing signature model. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.