- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
ESP Eclipse '87 Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- #L76149 000001000 L76149000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
ESP first started in 1975 as a small repair shop in Tokyo, but toward the mid-’80s their guitars and basses started to grab the attention of players ...Click To Read More About This Product
A hard-rock icon with Seymour Duncan pickups, Floyd Rose tremolo and mahogany body.
ESP first started in 1975 as a small repair shop in Tokyo, but toward the mid-’80s their guitars and basses started to grab the attention of players around the world. The ESP ’87 series features faithful recreations of this set of instruments from ESP’s 1987 catalog. Unlike the current single-cutaway Eclipse shape, the original ESP Eclipse was based on the TE archtop, which is the basis of the LTD Eclipse ’87. This guitar offers neck-thru-body construction with a mahogany body and 3-piece maple neck. The ’87 Series Eclipse models also feature a set of Seymour Duncan ’59 (neck) and JB (bridge) pickup set (with original style bobbins and a push-pull control to split the coils), and a Floyd Rose-1000 locking tremolo.
- Gloss-finished mahogany body
- Thin U-shaped 3-piece maple neck, Macassar ebony fingerboard with 24 extra jumbo frets
- Seymour Duncan ’59 neck humbucker, Seymour Duncan JB bridge humbucker, toggle switch
- Floyd Rose-1000 locking tremolo, LTD locking tuning machines
A hard-rock icon. Order today.
- Body type: Solidbody
- Body wood: Mahogany
- Body finish: Gloss
- Neck shape: Thin U
- Neck wood: 3-piece maple
- Scale length: 24.75”
- Material: Macassar ebony
- Radius: 13.7”
- Fret size: Extra Jumbo
- Number of frets: 24
- Inlays: Pearloid offset blocks
- Nut width/material: 1.65"/Molded
- Configuration: HH
- Neck: Seymour Duncan ’59
- Bridge: Seymour Duncan JB
- Control layout: Volume/Tone, Push/Pull, Toggle Switch
- Bridge type: Tremolo
- Bridge design: Locking
- Tailpiece: Stopbar
- Tuning machines: Locking
- Number of strings: 6
- Case: Hardshell case
- Orientation: Right Handed
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.