- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
EVH '78 Eruption Electric Guitar
- Product L30351
On the cover of Van Halen’s 1978 eponymous debut album, Eddie Van Halen thrusts his black-and-white striped instrument towards the camera as if he’s ...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
A very limited-run edition of an iconic instrument
On the cover of Van Halen’s 1978 eponymous debut album, Eddie Van Halen thrusts his black-and-white striped instrument towards the camera as if he’s showing you the future. He played this guitar on his unprecedented and mind-blowing instrumental track "Eruption", hence its nickname, and sure enough, this monumental instrument quickly became a timeless icon.
To celebrate the 40th anniversary of this instantly recognizable axe, EVH Gear is offering a limited 40-piece run of the EVH '78 Eruption guitar as it appeared in its original pristine condition, prior to Van Halen embarking on its first-ever world tour.
This model features all of the original specs including an ash Strat® body, bolt-on maple neck with oiled neck back finish, straight 12" radius maple fingerboard with katalox dots, black side dots and 21 jumbo frets, hand-cut black pickguard, EVH Frankenstein humbucking bridge pickup, vintage Fender® Stratocaster® bridge with Kluson® brass block and Schaller® tuning keys. Its white-with-black stripes motif paint job paint job is stylishly finished off with eye-screw strap hooks and a 61071 stamped neck plate.
In homage to this pivotal period, EVH has also recreated Eddie Van Halen’s original G&G case and loaded it up with the very items used by him at the time, such as '70s-era Fender Super Bullets strings, Van Halen '70s tortoiseshell picks, ’78 chain strap and 3-in-One oil can. This model is also accompanied by an exclusive collector’s booklet, a backstage pass vinyl cloth sticker, 1978 concert photo of Eddie Van Halen, signed certificate of authenticity and an autographed vinyl copy of Van Halen.
- Hand-painted lacquer finish on solid ash body
- 25.5"-scale maple neck with 21-fret 12"-radius maple fingerboard
- Single EVH Frankenstein humbucker in bridge position
- Vintage Stratocaster bridge with Kluson brass block, Schaller tuners
- Huge selection of "case candy" including autographed vinyl, tour stickers, signed CoA and more
Only 40 available world-wide. Order yours now before they're gone.
- Body shape: Double cutaway
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood:
- Body wood: Ash
- Body finish: Lacquer Nitrocellulose
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Not specified
- Neck wood: 2-piece Maple
- Joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 25.5 in.
- Truss rod: Standard
- Neck finish: Oiled
- Material: Birdseye Maple
- Radius: 12 in.
- Fret size: Jumbo Ground to low profile
- Number of frets: 21
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut width/material 1.687 in. (42.8 mm) Brass
- Configuration: H
- Neck: Not applicable
- Middle: Not applicable
- Bridge: Frankenstein
- Brand: EVH
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Series or parallel: Parallel
- Piezo: No
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics:
- Control layout: Master volume
- Pickup switch: Not applicable
- Coil tap or split: No
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Tremolo/Vibrato
- Bridge design: Vintage synchronized tremolo with brass block
- Tailpiece: Not applicable
- Tuning machines: Schaller
- Color: Chrome
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Certificate of Authenticity Limited production
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: Custom signed vinyl, stickers and more
- Country of origin: United States