- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
EVH Striped Series 5150
Red, Black, and White Stripes
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J53159 000001000 J53159000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
When Eddie Van Halen introduced his famous red, white and black striped 5150 guitar in 1984, he never would have fathomed the thousands of copies it ...Click To Read More About This Product
A player's model with signature sound and high performance features.
When Eddie Van Halen introduced his famous red, white and black striped 5150 guitar in 1984, he never would have fathomed the thousands of copies it would inspire. But then again, Eddie has made a career of being copied in every which way imaginable. EVH Gear proudly introduces a new Striped Series 5150 model based on his original instrument, featuring his distinctively striped 5150 motif and single humbucker setup.
The Striped Series 5150 has a basswood body identical to the original, with a bolt-on quartersawn maple neck featuring a comfortable modified “C” profile, hand-rubbed back finish and “hockey stick” headstock. The fast-playing compound-radius (12-16 in.) maple fingerboard has 22 jumbo frets, black dot inlays and a convenient heel-mounted truss rod adjustment wheel.
The 5150 is also fitted with a custom designed EVH Wolfgang alnico 2 Humbucker bridge pickup, delivering the perfect amount of power and articulation with sweet sustain and thick chunky rhythms in a perfectly balanced EQ curve. A custom designed EVH-branded low-friction volume knob provides for unmatched performance and even volume tapering for the smoothest volume swells.
Decked out with a rock solid “dive bomb” certified EVH-branded Floyd Rose bridge, each locking nut tailpiece features fine tuners and a patented EVH DTuna for switching back and forth from drop-D to standard tuning in an instant.
With its quintessential red 5150 hologram numbers and star decals, the Striped Series 5150 is a high-powered, high-performance machine that’s as sweet to look at as it is to play.
- Body shape: Double cutaway
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood: Not applicable
- Body wood: Basswood
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Modified C
- Neck wood: Quartersawn Maple
- Joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 25.5 in.
- Truss rod: Standard
- Neck finish: Gloss
- Material: Maple
- Radius: Compound
- Fret size: Jumbo
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut width: 1.687 in. (42.8 mm) Locking
- Configuration: H
- Neck: Not applicable
- Middle: Not applicable
- Bridge: Wolfgang alnico 2
- Brand: EVH
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Series or parallel: Series
- Piezo: No
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics: None
- Control layout: Master volume
- Pickup switch: Not applicable
- Coil tap or split: No
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Tremolo/Vibrato
- Bridge design: Floyd Rose with EVH D-Tuna
- Tailpiece: Not applicable
- Tuning machines: EVH
- Color: Chrome
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Electronics
- Case: Sold separately
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: Mexico
Strap on this signature rocker. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.