- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Fender California Malibu Classic Acoustic-Electric Guitar
Hot Rod Red Metallic
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- #K47874 000002000 K47874000002000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
It looks as stunning as it sounds, with a fully-painted solid Sitka spruce top and natural solid mahogany back and sides, as well as a matching paint...Click To Read More About This Product
Short scale and body design with all-solid tonewoods.
It looks as stunning as it sounds, with a fully-painted solid Sitka spruce top and natural solid mahogany back and sides, as well as a matching painted 6-in-line headstock and koa binding and rosette giving it a shot of electrifying attitude. The bold style and balanced, articulate sound make the Malibu Classic a natural partner on stage and in the studio.
True creativity requires something new, something like the inspiring sound and feel of the Fender California Series Malibu Classic. The exclusive small-body shape’s short scale gives it a slightly "slinkier" feel, encouraging you to reach for new chords and melodies.
The Malibu Classic exudes elegance and class with an unexpected style that is sure to turn heads wherever you go. Its no-compromise attitude even extends to its top-notch build quality, which features optimized bracing for reduced mass and superior resonance and an upgraded bone nut and saddle for exceptional sustain. It also comes equipped with a premium Fender- and Fishman-designed preamp system voiced specifically for the Malibu’s body shape, allowing you to plug in to an amplifier without sacrificing the guitar’s natural sound.
The lightweight mahogany neck of the Malibu Classic features a comfortable, easy-to-play, slim-taper “C”-shaped profile suitable for any playing style, and its pau ferro fingerboard and bridge further augment this instrument’s rich tone. With its superb playability, distinctive looks and unmistakable Fender vibe, the Malibu Classic is an instrument that defies expectations and stands out from the sea of traditional acoustics.
Includes a F-620 deluxe gig bag.
- All solid tonewoods
- Koa rosette
- 15.75 in. (400 mm) fingerboard radius
- Maple dot position inlays
- Modern Viking bridge
- Chrome hardware
- Fender Dura-Tone Coated 80/20 Bronze (.012-.052 Gauge) strings
- F-620 Deluxe gig bag
Explore your creative side with this fabulous Fender. Order today.
- Body type: Orchestra/OM (Malibu)
- Cutaway: Single
- Top wood: Solid Sitka spruce
- Back and sides: Solid Mahogany
- Body finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Traditional C
- Nut width: 1.69 in. (43 mm)
- Fingerboard: Pau Ferro
- Neck wood: Mahogany
- Scale length: 24.1 in.
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: Yes
- Brand: Fender/Fishman
- Configuration: Undersaddle piezo
- Preamp EQ: 3-band
- Feedback filter: Phase
- Tuner: Yes
- Tuning machines: Sealed nickel
- Bridge: Modern Viking
- Saddle and nut: Bone
- Number of strings: 6
- Case: Gig bag
- Country of origin: China
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.