- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Fender CD-140SCE 12-String Dreadnought Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L54486 000001000 L54486000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The CD-140SCE 12-string dreadnought acoustic-electric guitar expands on its siblings' features with upgraded Fishman Presys electronics, six more str...Click To Read More About This Product
An ergonomically and budget-friendly 12-string that's be hard to put down.
The CD-140SCE 12-string dreadnought acoustic-electric guitar expands on its siblings' features with upgraded Fishman Presys electronics, six more strings, rosewood back and sides and the addition of a hardshell case. The single-cutaway dreadnought body and solid spruce top provide robust tone, and the easy-to-play neck is comfortable for all playing styles. Topped off with a tortoiseshell pickguard and rosewood headcap, the CD-140SCE 12-string dreadnought is ready for whatever you throw at it, at home or on the stage.
Nut and Saddle
Graph Tech string nuts and bridge saddles enhance the sustain, clarity and tonal consistency of an acoustic instrument. Neither too soft nor too brittle, they eliminate troublesome string binding while delivering performance, workability and appearance that easily outdoes other plastics, coming remarkably close to real bone.
A Fishman Presys pickup/preamp system adds peerless amplified performance with a variety of onboard controls to your acoustic instrument without compromising its pure, rich and resonant tone. The built-in tuner is conveniently placed right where you can see it, making it easy to keep your intonation right on the money.
- Single-cutaway dreadnought body style
- CD Series pearloid rosette
- Fishman Presys pickup/preamp
- Solid spruce top with scalloped "X"-bracing
- 1-ply black neck binding
- Rosewood back and sides
- Easy-to-play neck with rolled fingerboard edges
- Tortoiseshell pickguard
- Fender Dura-Tone Coated 80/20 bronze strings
- Includes hardshell case
Looking for an affordable 12-string? Look no more. Here it is. Order yours today.
- Body type: Dreadnought
- Cutaway: Single
- Top wood: Solid spruce
- Back and sides: Laminated rosewood
- Bracing pattern: Quartersawn scalloped X
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Easy-to-Play
- Nut width: 1.69" (43 mm)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Neck wood: Mahogany
- Scale length: 25.3"
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Gloss
- Pickup/preamp: Yes
- Brand: Fishman Ortega
- Configuration: Sidemounted preamp
- Preamp EQ: 3-band
- Feedback filter: Phase
- Tuner: Yes
- Headstock overlay: Not specified
- Tuning machines: Chrome die-cast
- Bridge: Rosewood
- Saddle and nut: GraphTech NuBone
- Number of strings: 12
- Special features:
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: China
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.