- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Fender Custom Shop Masterbuilt Limited 70th Anniversary Broadcaster Relic Electric Guitar
Faded Nocaster Blonde
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L76582 000001000 L76582000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
After the 1950 introduction of the “Esquire” electric guitar in single- and double-pickup models, Fender Sales chief Don Randall decided that fall to...Click To Read More About This Product
A stunning Masterbuilt recreation of a legendary groundbreaking instrument.
After the 1950 introduction of the “Esquire” electric guitar in single- and double-pickup models, Fender Sales chief Don Randall decided that fall to give the dual-pickup version its own name. He duly dubbed it the “Broadcaster”—a revolutionary instrument with a newly developed truss rod system for easily adjustable neck stability, with a walnut “skunk stripe” to cover its installation through the back of the neck, and a walnut (or maple, sometimes) headstock plug where the rod was held in place. The guitar also featured a translucent blonde nitrocellulose finish that showcased the high-quality ash body, accented by a single-ply black phenolic pickguard. Notable early Broadcaster slingers included Bill Carson, Rex Gallion and Charlie Aldrich, and the distinctive new guitar steadily became popular with more and more professional players.
Yet despite its growing popularity, the Broadcaster was short lived—produced for only four months from October 1950 to January 1951. The reason: a trademark on the name held by the Fred Gretsch Manufacturing Corporation. The Broadcaster hence quickly acquired an unusual new name, beginning in earnest its fantastic and ongoing history as the Telecaster.
Those few original Broadcaster guitars are now the stuff of legend though, prized worldwide by players, collectors and aficionados who understand its pivotal role. For the Masterbuilt Limited 70th Anniversary Broadcaster, the Fender Custom Shop has recreated those original guitars in reverent homage to their original glory. With 70 of these guitars created in 2020, each Custom Shop master builder will put his own spin on a custom Relic finish, and each instrument will come with a 70th anniversary neck plate, original Broadcaster flier, Broadcaster telegram, special bi-fold certificate holder and a Fat ’50s control assembly in the case.
Private Reserve Guitars by Musician's Friend are your gateway to some of the world's most exclusive, hand-built, custom and semi-custom instruments. This carefully curated collection of spectacular guitars and basses contains many extremely limited-edition and unique one-off instruments that you won't find anywhere else. The world's major custom shops are represented here, as well as many top-flight small builders and individual luthiers. Our PRG associates are specially trained to provide you with detailed information about any guitar in the collection, so you can be sure you're choosing the special instrument that's perfect for you. Call now, and have the instrument of your dreams in your hands as soon as tomorrow.
- Unique Relic-finished solid ash body
- 25.5”-scale, vintage-U profile, maple neck, 21-fret compound-radius fingerboard
- Hand-wound Custom Shop ’50–’51 Blackguard pickups, Blend knob
- Vintage-style ’50 Broadcaster, brass-barrel-saddle bridge, vintage-style tuners
Call your Gear Advisor for complete details.
- Body Type: Single Cutaway Solid Body
- Body wood: Ash
- Body finish: Aged Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck shape: Vintage U
- Neck wood: Maple
- Joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 25.5"
- Truss rod: Vintage
- Neck finish: Aged Nitrocellulose lacquer
- Material: Maple
- Radius: Compound
- Fret size: Vintage-style
- Number of frets: 21
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut width/material: 1.65 in. (42 mm) Bone
- Configuration: SS
- Neck: Proprietary Hand-wound Single Coil
- Bridge: Proprietary Hand-wound Single Coil
- Control layout: Master volume Blend
- Pickup switch: 3-Way
- Special electronics: Original Broadcaster wiring, Fat ’50s control assembly included in case
- Bridge type: Fixed Bridge
- Bridge design: Vintage-style Barrel saddle
- Tailpiece: String thru body
- Tuning machines: Vintage-style
- Color: Nickel
- Number of strings: 6 String
- Case: Hardshell Case
- Orientation: Right handed
- Country of Origin: United States
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.