- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Fender Custom Shop Vintage Custom '58 Top-load Telecaster Electric Guitar
Aged White Blonde
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L42848 000001000 L42848000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The 1958 Telecaster saw Fender make a subtle change that had what some players feel creates a major effect on playing feel — the switch from a throug...Click To Read More About This Product
A Vintage Custom version of the classic top-loader.
The 1958 Telecaster saw Fender make a subtle change that had what some players feel creates a major effect on playing feel — the switch from a through-body strung to a "top-loading" bridge with steel, rather than brass saddles. Top-load reduces string tension, for a slightly looser feel and players who are attuned to it really enjoy the added "zing" is seems to add. The top-loading bridge only lasted a couple of years, but is still a favorite of many players. This Vintage Custom '58 Telecaster gives you the choice to top-load or string through the body — some are even known to combine methods to tune the string tension and playing response to their personal touch.
The two-piece select ash body has a translucent Aged White Blonde NOS flash coat lacquer finish that makes it look as if it just came off a dealer's wall in 1958.. The tinted riftsawn maple neck’s “U”-shaped profile is a player favorite, while the 7.25”-9.5”-compound-radius fingerboard flattens out as you go up the neck, making it easy to bend without fretting out, and 21 medium-vintage frets offer familiar playing feel. Hand-wound ’58 Tele single-coil pickups are packed with authentic twang and growl, tied together with vintage-style wiring for complete sonic authenticity. If you want a more modern tone, Fender includes a Fat ‘50s Tele wiring and control assembly in the case.
Other features include 3-way switch, 1-ply Eggshell pickguard, vintage-style tuning machines, bone nut and wing string tree. Includes deluxe hardshell case, strap and Certificate of Authenticity.
If you're interested in any of our custom shop, limited-run or other premium instruments, we encourage you to call and talk with one of our knowledgeable, well-trained staff for more detailed information about any specific guitar.
- NOS Flash Coat-finish 2-piece select ash body
- 25.5"-scale rift-sawn maple neck with compound-radius maple fingerboard
- Hand-wound Custom Shop '58 Tele pickups, Vintage Wiring with Fat '50s harness provided
- Vintage style bridge and tuners.
Order this classic Tele today.
- NOS Flash Coat Lacquer Finish
- 2-Piece Select Ash Body
- Tinted Rift Sawn Maple Neck with ""10/56 U"" Back- Shape
- 7.25""-9.5"" Fingerboard Radius
- 21 Medium Vintage Frets
- Hand-Wound '58 Tele Pickups
- 3-Way Switch
- Vintage Wiring
- Single-Ply Eggshell Pickguard
- '58 Top Load Tele Bridge with Threaded Steel Saddles
- VIntage Style Tuning Machines
- Bone Nut
- Wing String Tree
- Deluxe Hardshell Case
- Certificate of Authenticity.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.