- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Fender Johnny Marr Jaguar Limited Edition Electric Guitar
- Product L30481
Johnny Marr is best known as the strikingly dynamic guitarist-arranger-songwriter behind the Smiths, who redefined and ruled U.K. pop in the 1980s. A...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
A unique sonic chisel with the beauty of rosewood.
Johnny Marr is best known as the strikingly dynamic guitarist-arranger-songwriter behind the Smiths, who redefined and ruled U.K. pop in the 1980s. A master of melody, layering and texture, Marr has brought his own instantly identifiable genius to the proceedings ever since, in stints with The The, the Pretenders, Modest Mouse and the Cribs—to say nothing of his solo career and innumerable guest appearances. The Johnny Marr Jaguar is a fantastically non-standard model that is as distinctive as the sounds he wrings from it.
Offering a wealth of highly specialized features ideal for discerningly unconventional guitarists, this model is based on Marr’s modified 1965 Jaguar. Dual custom-wound Bare Knuckle Johnny Marr single-coil pickups crank out incisive tone that’s just the thing for slashing through a sonically dense mix. The four-position blade pickup switch includes a series wiring option, for thicker tone with higher output while the dual upper-horn slide switches “brighten” the tone with a low end roll-off either universally, or in position four. The maple neck sports a custom profile taken from Marr’s original, along with vintage-style truss rod adjustment at the heel while the 7.25”-radius rosewood fingerboard bears 22 vintage-style frets.
Modified to Marr’s specifications, the Jaguar bridge features Mustang saddles, a chrome cover and nylon posts inserts for improved stability, protecting against shifts that may occur with heavy tremolo use. The vintage-style floating tremolo tailpiece includes a “taller” tremolo arm with a nylon sleeve insert, ensuring it stays in whatever position you place it.
A thoughtful update of a classic Fender design, the Johnny Marr Jaguar is a flexible guitar for unique players. Includes hardshell case.
- Offset alder body with pickguard
- Rosewood neck and fingerboard with vintage-style frets and 7.25" profile
- Bare Knuckle Johnny Marr single-coil neck and bridge pickups
- Jaguar bridge with Mustang saddles and vintage-style, floating tremolo tailpiece
Own this special signature Jaguar. Order today.
- Body shape: Double cutaway
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Body wood: Alder
- Body finish: Gloss Lacquer
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Custom signature Based on Johnny’s ‘65 Jaguar Guitar
- Neck wood: 1-piece rosewood
- Joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 24"
- Truss rod: Standard
- Neck finish: Gloss Lacquer
- Material: Rosewood
- Radius: 7.25"
- Fret size: Vintage-style
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut width: 1.653" (42mm) Synthetic Bone
- Configuration: SS
- Neck: Custom-Wound Bare Knuckle Johnny Marr
- Bridge: Custom-Wound Bare Knuckle Johnny Marr
- Brand: Fender
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Active EQ: Yes
- Special electronics: Dual upper-horn slide switches
- Control layout: Master volume, tone
- Pickup switch: 4-way
- Coil tap or split: No
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Tremolo/Vibrato
- Bridge design: Jaguar bridge with Mustang saddles
- Tailpiece: Vintage Style Floating Tremolo
- Tuning machines: American vintage
- Color: Nickel/Chrome
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Custom Wound Pickups, Artist Signature on front of headstock, Nylon Bridge Post Inserts for improved stability; Nylon Insert in Trem Arm Sleeve to prevent arm swing
- Case: Hardshell case
- Country of origin: United States