- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Fender Player Lead III Pau Ferro Fingerboard Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- #L72167 000001000 L72167000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
In response to low-priced import competition, Fender created the Lead Series in 1979 featuring a new solidbody design, hardtail bridges and cool new ...Click To Read More About This Product
A Fender you can take the lead on.
In response to low-priced import competition, Fender created the Lead Series in 1979 featuring a new solidbody design, hardtail bridges and cool new wiring options. Appealing to a wide variety of players, the sleek new Lead models kicked off a fresh creative era in Fender's history.
The Fender Player Lead III, a tribute to the original 1982-only model, features a set of hot Alnico V Player humbucking pickups, dual-toggle switches for pickup selection and coil-splits and a modern "C" neck shape with medium jumbo frets.
The Player Lead Series offers style, power and versatility in a comfortable, easy-to-play package.
- Alder body with a gloss polyester finish
- Modern "C" maple neck, satin urethane finish on back and gloss-finished front, 22-fret pau ferro fingerboard
- Player Series Alnico 2 humbucking pickups (neck and bridge), dual-toggle switches for pickup selection and coil-splits
- 6-saddle string-thru-body hardtail with block saddles, "F" logo tuning machines
Take the lead on this Fender. Order today.
- Body wood: Alder
- Body finish: Gloss polyester
- Neck shape: Modern "C"
- Neck wood: Maple
- Scale length: 25.5"
- Neck finish: Satin urethane back, gloss front
- Material: Pau ferro
- Radius: 9.5"
- Fret size: Medium-jumbo
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: White dot
- Nut width/material: 1.650", synthetic bone
- Configuration: HH
- Neck: Player Series Alnico 2 humbucking pickups
- Bridge: Player Series Alnico 2 humbucking pickups
- Pickup switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Control layout: Master Volume, Master Tone, Additional 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Splits Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Off, Position 3. Splits Neck Pickup
- Bridge design: 6-saddle string-thru-body hardtail with block saddles
- Tuning machines: "F" logo
- Pickguard: 3-ply black
- Control knobs: Knurled flat-top
- Strings: Fender USA 250L nickel plated steel (.009-.042 gauges)
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.