- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Friedman Vintage-S Aged SSS Rosewood Fingerboard Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- #L45461 000002000 L45461000002000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Friedman chose genuine Alder and Ash as the body woods of choice for their classic tonal character. Each piece of wood is hand-selected by Grover Jac...Click To Read More About This Product
Classic design, beautifully made.
Friedman chose genuine Alder and Ash as the body woods of choice for their classic tonal character. Each piece of wood is hand-selected by Grover Jackson himself; in fact, in the last round of building 25 guitars, over 500 wood planks were inspected by Grover and 475 did not make the cut. Yours, however, did! Grain pattern and lightweight are benchmarks for every VINTAGE-S.
Select eastern hard maple with Indian Rosewood fingerboard. Maple, Birdseye Maple, Ebony and Pau Ferro fingerboards are also available. Jescar FW47095 nickel silver fret wire is used on all VINTAGE-S guitars.
Grover Jackson invented the compound radius fingerboard (CRF) 35 years ago. The fingerboard geometry is based on a conical shape rather than cylindrical. The significance is tangible and substantial – a 10”-14” compound radius fingerboard allows for maximum playability with no chance of your strings fretting out when bending. The compound radius is time-consuming and laborious to get exactly right, yet worth-it – and featured on every Friedman VINTAGE-S.
Tight Pocket and Zero-Shift Neck Pins
Neck shifting results in incorrect string alignment and is a challenge for many guitars. A tight neck pocket helps, but in-and-of-itself does not eliminate the problem. VINTAGE-S guitars raise the bar with the exclusive Zero-Shift Neck Pin design; whereby, two military-grade precision steel dowel pins align the body and neck, eliminating shift altogether. The tonal benefit of this connection is a virtual fusion of the body and neck whereby the transference of vibration is maximized.
Tuners and Bridge
The VINTAGE-S Bridge features vintage style bent metal saddles combined with a 2- point Fulcrum and Steel block paired with locking vintage inspired tuners.
Very few boutique builders and many of the giants do not use a PLEK. This German-made device provides the ultimate in fretboard analysis.
Custom Friedman Pickups
The Friedman Classic Single pickups produce that well-known vintage single coil chime with the ability to cut through the mix. This is combined with Classic+ Humbucker in the bridge position to provide every player with a full tonal palette.
Friedman Classic Single Coils feature Alnico 3 magnets and the middle pickup is a Reverse Wound Reverse Polarity (RWRP). This allows the 2 and 4 pickup selector positions to be Hum Cancelling.
All Friedman guitars come in a custom G&G case.
- Timeless, classic tones and design
- Vintage feel and aura with modern playability
- Versatile, proven design
A superb rendering of a classic design. Experience the Friedman extras. order today.
- Body shape: Double cutaway
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Body wood: Solid body Alder
- Body finish: Aged Nitro lacquer
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Vintage taper
- Neck wood: Maple
- Joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 25.5 in.
- Truss rod: Standard
- Neck finish: Aged Nitro lacquer
- Material: Rosewood or maple
- Radius: Compound
- Fret size: PLEK'd Jescar
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut width/material 1.65 in. (42 mm) Bone
- Configuration: SSS
- Neck: Classic Single
- Middle: Classic Single RWRP
- Bridge: Classic Single
- Brand: Friedman
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Series or parallel: Parallel
- Piezo: No
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics:
- Control layout: Master volume, tone
- Pickup switch: 3-way
- Coil tap or split: No
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Tremolo/Vibrato
- Bridge design: 6-saddle
- Tailpiece: Vintage Style Floating Tremolo
- Tuning machines: Vintage-style
- Color: Chrome
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Case: Hardshell case
- Country of origin: United States
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.